Old 01-14-2006, 12:41 AM   #15

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if I hear you right, it sounds like there's a dead short (you have continuity between the center element and the outer ground shell). Try another cig. lighter element. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that's what I thought, but it works in my other vehicles. That has me puzzled. But, they're cheap enough...I'll get another at Wally-World when I go for MORE fuses.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 06:51 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

If you are measuring the heat coil of the lighter, the resistance is very low, a few ohms, and may be mistaken as a short if you don't use the lowest scale.
If this element works in other vehicles, the lighter socket may have a problem when the lighter is inserted and blows the fuse.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:36 AM   #17

I got one of those automagical meters that auto adjusts scales.

Checked for shorts between the socket and the "hot" side, but nothing there. I don't know how much amperage a cigar lighter is supposed to pull, but it's apparently more than 30. Everything that I have plugged into the socket works properly except the lighter!
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote