Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2018, 01:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

12v power issue

2008 Winnebago Journey 39z.

New issue presented itself today. Randomly half of the 12v powered items in the coach have no power. Everything working one moment. Was out of the coach for 20min and when I went back in half not working.

I've got 12v power to stereo's, awnings, some lights. I don't have 12v power to main lights, control panel that shows power status, tank levels. I do have power to thermostat (assuming it uses a 12v power supply for something), the water pump powers.

Checked all 12v breakers, house and chassis. None tripped

110v power good weather on shore power or generator.

Buddy who's had similar issues before said there's a solenoid that dispenses 12v power to the coach that can stick. He recommended turning on generator and then off to work the transfer switch and activate the solenoid. Did that a couple times and 12v power came back.

40 min later I lost half 12v power again.

Tried turning off house batteries with switch at door. This turned off the remaining 12v items on. Turned back on after a short time and still have only half 12v power.

Are there more than 1 solenoids that control 12v power? I notice there are 2 button breakers for 12v power to the inside 12v panel.

Any suggestions what else to look at?

Thanks,

Nate
ACDNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 03:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

The items you list that are intermitent are off at least two different fuses and are likely both off the same fuse distribution panel . Some circuits that are staying hot likely are off the same fuse distribution panel so chances are it's not the circuit breaker feeding the panel or the coach battery solenoid as this would impact more things.

One possible common cause would be a multi-wire connector in the wiring harness, There are connectors that allow the chassis and floor to be wired then when walls are added the wiring from the walls connects via these connectors to the floor wiring. There are also multi-wire connectors for the wiring from the roof.

You can go to Winnebagoind.com -> Resources -> Wiring Diagrams and get the electrical information for your specific coach and go from there. Good luck.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Here's are the Body, 12 Volt Wiring Diagram and Body, 12 Volt Wiring Installation diagram for your coach.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:26 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Here's what we found out. Got some advice to turn off the breaker for the converter/inverter give it a min and then re-start it. This did the trick. Everything works still 24 hrs later. Fingers crossed.
ACDNate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power