Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2018, 06:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

12v main push button breaker popping

Hello everyone,
for a while now Ive been trying to figure out whats going on with my 1990 winnie superchief (chevy chasis). It has a aftermarket 3 step inverter from progressive dynamics with 1 solar panel trickle charging the 2 series ran 12v marine batteries.
It all started with a horrible sound coming from my fridges (norcold) rear circuit board, a horrible clicking type sound. it gave us some fridge problems and i was troubleshooting that, which suddenly went away and the fridge works fine in all modes. But while i was driving to my new destination, all the lights, control panel above the oven, just stopped working. i found the push button 12v circuit breaker under the dash titled (control panel except 40rq) popped. Now this remains popped out and every attempts to close the circuit results in that button popping out the moment its pressed back in to close. Just started a new job so funds have been limited, havent been able to service it by a professional. So today i opened that under dash panel to check for loose wiring or hot grounds, didnt see any. But i did finally localize what could be causing it. I had my better half try to close the circuit breaker while i was near the fridge circuit breaker on the outside, when she closed it, the sound that was only caused by the fridge returned for a split second before it popped again. I tried to disconnect the ground and 12v lead to the circuit board of the fridge, then tried again to close the control panel circuit breaker, still made the sound coming from the fridge circuit board before immediately popping. Now my fridge 12v has its own pop out circuit breaker 2 slots over that is fine.

Im at a loss, at first i thought maybe the breaker itself after almost 29 years has given out, but that sound when it pops on for a half a second coming from the fridge circuit breaker leads me to believe the button is working. Sorry for the long winded explanation, hope i was able to provide enough information to help you guys, help me in finding this out. Not having a hot water heater or even lights while being hooked up is a huge drag.
tobiastime is offline   Reply With Quote