Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2014, 09:06 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

06 Horizon Accent Lighting

Our ( new to us ) Horizon 40KD has the bedroom lavatory option. There is a gap between the ceiling and the lavatory upper cabinets and running along the top of the cabinet behind the crown molding is what feels like a rope light, similar to the accent lighting over the front overhead cabinets. It doesn't light up and I can only feel it so I'm just guessing its a rope light. I discovered it while dusting. Can anyone confirm that it is accent lighting and what switch is supposed to be its on/off switch.
KD4XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

According to the Body, 12 Volt Wiring Diagram and Body, 12 Volt Wiring Installation diagrams for your coach the rope light is controlled by the 'Accent' light switch (which should be next to the 'Makeup' light switch).

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Chris, It took me a while to figure out how to follow the electrical drawings. If I'm reading the drawings correctly then the wire feeding the rope light labelled PK at [sht 2, a16] goes through the "Rope Lamp Switch" at [sht 2, a17] then turns to wire JE and goes to "Accent Lamp Switch" at [sht 2, a15]. If that is correct then I need to find a "Rope Lamp Switch" and it appears to be hidden somewhere.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:07 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Start at Sheet 8, C-3 in the Body, 12 Volt Wiring Diagram. There you'll see the Bedroom Lavatory Rope Lamp which gets it ground from NE and power from PK. These wires go back to a plug in the dresser overhead which takes you to Sheet 4, B-6. From there they go to another plug in the base of the dresser cabinet which takes us to Sheet 2, A-16. From there follow PK to Sheet 2, A-17, which is the Rope Lamp Switch you identified, connecting PK to JE for power.

If you switch to Sheet 5, D-2 in the Body, 12 Volt Wiring Installation diagram you'll see in Detail EN (note the little oval with 43W in it with signifies the CABINET-LAVATORY option, according to the key at the lower right) that PK and JE are switched together by the center switch of three, labelled ACCENT. Going back to Sheet 4, C-4 you'll see that that set of three switches should on the wall next to the sink.

Btw, it looks like there's another rope light which is on the same circuit as the overhead puck lights in the bedroom and is controlled by the lefthand switch in the same set labelled VALANCE. This rope light may only be present with the 43V CABINET-CHEST OF DRAWERS option, however, since it appears to be along the base of the cabinet (see Sheet 4, A-3).

You may find it helpful to refer to the Wiring Identification Guide and the Wiring Diagram Help as well.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I gained access to the wire bundle that feeds the accent lighting and the rope light and based on voltage checks I have determined that the accent lighting switch on the wall does indeed power the puck lights on the underside of the overhead cabinet but it does not power the rope light. The rope light is powered by a yellow wire separate from the wire feeding the puck lights. So where is "Rope Lamp Switch" shown on sheet 2 A-16 located? Hmmmm?
Old 01-16-2015, 08:05 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Remember, every wire is labelled every few inches. That rope light should be getting its power from a yellow wire labelled PK while the puck lights should be getting power from a yellow wire labelled KKT.

If you examine Sheet 5, D-2 in the Body, 12 Volt Wiring Installation diagram again you'll see in Detail EN (note the little oval with 43W in it with signifies the CABINET-LAVATORY option, according to the key at the lower right) that PK and JE are [or should be] switched together by the center switch of three, labelled ACCENT and KKT and JE are [or should be] switched by the left-hand switch, labelled VALANCE.

Can you get access to the back of those switches and check the actual labels on the wires? Perhaps the two switches were swapped?

Old 01-16-2015, 08:45 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Well there's the problem! My coach definitely has the 43W option but it has switch EN 43V when it should have EN 43W. Hmmm. It looks like someone made a mistake on the assembly line. I guess I'll order the correct switch and then see if I can fish out the other end of wire JE which is probably lying on the floor at the bottom of the lavatory cabinet. It is interesting that the parts list for my coach lists the EN 43W part numbers.