Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2008, 10:42 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David K:
-- I would suggest calling the tire manufacturer and ask their opinion about the front tires on a vehicle or for that matter any of the tires having their direction of rotation changed -- unless I am materially wrong that is a major "no no" for any tire -- especially if it is a radial.------ . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Today's radials can be run in any direction/location. The only criteria that makes a tire directional today is tread pattern.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

My michelin XZA3 are directional, the XRV's on my journey were not.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:01 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Screaming to my Freightliner dealer would be a waste of breath. MH's(we) are an imposition to be barely tolerated. We get in the way of 18-wheelers. I just had my first maintenance at 5,000 miles and one year. Was $2100 including 2 new chasis batteries which were likely necessary. I got had and there's nothing I can do. I'll go to SC next time. Tidiculous and very frustrating. Takes a lot of joy out of ownership.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:51 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimandsue60:

Jim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see that on Michelin's website. Although, once the tire is half worn out the XZA3 is no long directional.

Do your XZA3s have a directional arrow on the sidewall??

"Directional tread design to 1/2 life - offers protection against irregular wear while allowing for tire rotation later in life."

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:45 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimandsue60:

Jim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see that on Michelin's website. Although, once the tire is half worn out the XZA3 is no long directional.

Do your XZA3s have a directional arrow on the sidewall??

"Directional tread design to 1/2 life - offers protection against irregular wear while allowing for tire rotation later in life."

-Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes they have the arrow and "steer" next to the arrow.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:57 PM   #26
GG1
Winnie-Wise

Bill

$2100.00/////HOLY CRAP!!!!!!