Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

The old RCA tv that is. We had a surprisingly easy time getting the &&%%$$ out. I hated that thing. It was a bear to try to get the remote programmed everytime and the squeaking was becoming unbearable.
Now we are looking at an empty gaping hole with a 13 inch sitting in there temporarily. (Will be stowed somewhere when traveling).
We are doing some careful homework and investigation as to what to put in there and size is an issue too.
We saw Sammie's post about his installation. It looked very nice.
Still not sure what we are going to do yet. Just wanted to share our joy at getting rid of the monster!

Well, after a day of careful measuring and planning, we found an LCD with a perfect fit. It is a 26" Panasonic TC-26LX60 (which is last years version.)
According to our measurements, the new model, the LX70 would not fit because of millimeters of an inch. The one we purchased is a perfect fit for the original steel frame. We are going to cut a board to fit under the bottom and paint it black to raise it up a little more in the opening. Also, plans are in the drawing stage right now for securing it to the frame. Will post pics when it is all said and done.
At last, the beast is gone. We gave it to the garbage man when he came by. He was one happy garbage man!
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:41 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The old RCA tv that is. We had a surprisingly easy time getting the &&%%$$ out. I hated that thing. It was a bear to try to get the remote programmed everytime and the squeaking was becoming unbearable.
Now we are looking at an empty gaping hole with a 13 inch sitting in there temporarily. (Will be stowed somewhere when traveling).
We are doing some careful homework and investigation as to what to put in there and size is an issue too.
We saw Sammie's post about his installation. It looked very nice.
Still not sure what we are going to do yet. Just wanted to share our joy at getting rid of the monster!

Well, after a day of careful measuring and planning, we found an LCD with a perfect fit. It is a 26" Panasonic TC-26LX60 (which is last years version.)
According to our measurements, the new model, the LX70 would not fit because of millimeters of an inch. The one we purchased is a perfect fit for the original steel frame. We are going to cut a board to fit under the bottom and paint it black to raise it up a little more in the opening. Also, plans are in the drawing stage right now for securing it to the frame. Will post pics when it is all said and done.
At last, the beast is gone. We gave it to the garbage man when he came by. He was one happy garbage man!
Old 04-22-2007, 12:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Well, i guess I'd better elaborate some more. We are currently at Myrtle Beach Travel Park. We arrived yesterday after spending Friday night at Flying J in Dillon, SC. There were quite a few rigs in the parking lot there. We had quite a chuckle over the elderly couple that drove up in their ancient coach towing a car that was loaded with mannequins that were unclothed. (humm)
We had a snafu with the water pump and could not shower on Sat.
After arriving at Myrtle Beach, we had the second snafu with the drive shaft disconnect would not engage. We overcame that one with a pretty simple fix with a cable tie for a temporary fix.
Ok.. so we are set up now for the week. Beautiful weather today. All sun and warm temps.
Looking forward to our week here.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:16 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I'll be interested to follow your progress and see what you use as a replacement TV. I'm still amazed that Winnie installs old cathode ray TVs in late models (mine is a 2007 model and has them). I know I'll want to replace them with LCDs eventually.

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:27 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Bumping it so that others can see what we did.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:11 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Sounds great, but...
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:14 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Close you eyes and fantasize
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:00 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

AARRGH, you gave away a classic
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:24 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Be rest assured there WILL be pics as soon as I get home from vacation. I don't have the capability to post pics now. Sorry. Hope I did not lead you guys astray....
Old 04-28-2007, 04:22 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Good for you. We just put a 20 inch LCD in the bedroom. My husband used a large block of wood on the other side of the cabinet and then used the mounting arm to secure it to. So now the angle is adjustible.However we would like to know other ways to secure it even better.
LCD prices are coming down fast.
campernut2 is offline   Reply With Quote