Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

WooHoo! I got her home!

Flew from Raleigh Durham this past Friday up to Wixom, MI to General RV to pick up the new ride... Its a 2009 Sightseer 37L. Got there about 10:00 AM, and after signing away my daughter's college fund and getting the demo, I was on the road at 4:00 PM. Mangaged to get to Statesboro OH at about dark and stopped at a KOA there for the night. Left Saturday morning just before 5:00 AM and got into Raleigh at about 4:00 that afternoon.

Here is the link to some pictures from the dealer's website that I snagged before they took them down. As soon as I get a moment, I will take some of my own and post them. Now to find the time to put all of my "stuff" from the 5th wheel into the MH.

Duane
DuaneMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Congrats on the new rig and welcome to the wonderful, and sometimes challenging, world of motorhome ownership.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Congratulations on your new rig I am sure you will enjoy it
bgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Duane;

Congratulations on your new motor home. You will have lots of fun with her. We will be looking forward to your posts telling us about your travel experiences.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

OH YEA!!! Now thats a ride
Sell the house and let the kid fend for herself. If you keep on the move they won't find you to nag about the payments.
Nothing but envy here.

Dick
Old 09-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I'm with the "Theberrys",SWEET Ride,that thing has a really neat layout!Best of luck with her and many,many great miles with smiles.

Workhorse W-22, UltraPower,496 cubic inches of
Whaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:57 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Duane, how did you like dealing with General RV. I have an interest in a couple if units they have in stock. Thanks, Ken....
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:51 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Not to answer for Duane but talk to Harry at the Wayland store. Bought a used unit from him a couple of months ago and had a great experience. Found out after I got there that I know the service manager.... so maybe that helped a bit Tell him Hank sent ya!
HobbyTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:23 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Hey guys,

Sorry its taken so long to get back on here, but I would highly recommend General. I worked with George Deveau, who is in charge of internet sales. Everyone there was great to work with, no high pressure sales tactics. At the closing, where the most dealers try to push all sorts of warraties, and "free" camping, there was no push. I basically said no thanks, and it was never brought up again.

The unit that I bought, was originally at the Wayland store and they volunteered to bring it Wixom, where I got the cheapest and most direct flight. The internet manager came to the airport and picked me up and the rest is history...
DuaneMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:03 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Ahhh,you did work with George. Nice, interesting guy. He should be at our local show next week, I'll have to mention he's getting good press.

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote