Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2008, 07:53 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: We are in the process of mounting the display for a SeeLevel display in the "one place". What I need is some of the oak-grained bull-nose trim molding. It measures about 1 3/4 X 3/4 wide and goes around the "one place" display. Also need some of the thin (approx. 3/32") panel that goes behind the display. Does anyone know where this stuff can be bought?

Thanks, Dirk
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: We are in the process of mounting the display for a SeeLevel display in the "one place". What I need is some of the oak-grained bull-nose trim molding. It measures about 1 3/4 X 3/4 wide and goes around the "one place" display. Also need some of the thin (approx. 3/32") panel that goes behind the display. Does anyone know where this stuff can be bought?

Thanks, Dirk
Old 09-30-2008, 06:37 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I have bought a couple of trim pieces from Lichtsinn Motors.
They are a Winnebago dealer close to the factory.

Have your VIN available if you call - or even better your Winnebago motor home ID number.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:18 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: I considered WI or Lichtsinn, but what I need is not replacement parts but a 6 foot piece of molding so I can fabricate a larger "One place" display area.
Dirk
Old 09-30-2008, 01:10 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Dirk.

I think you can make the bull nose trim with your table saw and a router. Or you may be able to modify unfinished ready made picture frame moulding.

I have seen thin plywood in craft stores ... I think I saw it in Hobby Lobby ... if you can't find it at your local craft store try this URL

Online Craft Stuff

PS. Have you seen the installation where he moved the thermostat on top of the original gauge display ... then put the sea level display where the thermostat was originally????
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:22 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Dirk, you should be able to find the bullnose molding in a good building supply store, in the area where they sell stair parts (newell posts, ballusters, treads, etc. The veneer can usually be found in woodworking specialty stores. My favorite woodworking specialty store is Woodworkers supply, http://woodworkers.com.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:45 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dirk Ostermiller:
Hi Ho: I considered WI or Lichtsinn, but what I need is not replacement parts but a 6 foot piece of molding so I can fabricate a larger "One place" display area.
Dirk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Winnebago usually stocks those materials in bulk and will ship them to your local dealer. The dealer will have to call Winnebago's Parts dept for the details as it most likely will not be listed in the standard catalog. Just call the Winnebago customer service number yourself first to verify what you want and then have your local dealer order it for you. It will most likely be available already stained and finished to match your coach and all you will have to do is cut it to fit.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:09 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: Thanks for the ideas. The problem is that the wood-grained stuff is actually plastic. I have a well-equipped wood shop and could have made the stuff in a few minutes if it were wood. Since it is plastic it is "pre-finished" and if I can find the stuff it will be easy to make the new "one place". It seems that there ought to be a supplier or source, but I have never dealt with this kind of stuff. I will try the WI dealer and see if they know. Thanks NeilV for that suggestion.
Dirk
Old 10-01-2008, 03:32 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Dirk ...

I have made several things (magazine rack, keys holder, shoe rack, etc) for our coach. I took one of the drawers to my local Sherwin-Williams paint store and they mixed me some stain that matches the real (and fake) wood in my coach.

It is handy stuff to have.
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:52 PM   #10

You can look in the molding section of places like Lowes or Home Depot. Look for the crappy plastic molding often found where the paneling is stocked. This stuff is pretty generic and cheap. You may want to take a small piece with you to match the colour.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:39 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dirk Ostermiller:
Hi Ho: Thanks for the ideas. The problem is that the wood-grained stuff is actually plastic. I have a well-equipped wood shop and could have made the stuff in a few minutes if it were wood. Since it is plastic it is "pre-finished" and if I can find the stuff it will be easy to make the new "one place". It seems that there ought to be a supplier or source, but I have never dealt with this kind of stuff. I will try the WI dealer and see if they know. Thanks NeilV for that suggestion.
Dirk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dirk,

I have a pretty complete workshop and can match just about anything myself but sometimes it is not worth the bother. A quick call to the Winnebago customer service number can save a lot of time and effort most times.

I was going to match up a cabinet end panel for my coach. The previous owner put sticky hooks all over the place and damaged the veneer. It took less time to get the panel shipped out from Winnebago then to search around matching everything up and making it myself.

Even though the One Place trim is just a deeply rabbitted bullnose with a lip on back edge to hold the panel it would still be easier to just order a few feet from Winnie and get an exact match.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:08 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

In my earlier post I suggested Lichtsinn Motors because the two times I have used them for Winnebago parts they were cheaper than my local dealer.

Your mileage may vary of course.