Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-01-2018, 09:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Wiper Issues M35RQ Vectra

Hiyo!

So I've been recuited by a friend to try to help with the botched wiring of his Winnebago. Some idiot went through and unplugged all sorts of garbage and, being unfamiliar with RVs as I'm just a Volkswagen mechanic, I've got no idea what I'm missing or looking for.

It's a 1994 M35RQ-Spartan Vectra. It looks like something has been removed from under the dash. The cruise control module is just kind of sitting on the floor. The wiper motor seems to be wired but I don't know where the wire goes to. There are two boxes under the dash that the wire from the window wiper potentiometer slots into, I'm thinking it's the one closest to the floor, buuuut another dead end as the 6 pin connector isn't plugged into anything with no male connector in sight.

Could anyone provide me with a wiring diagram that might help or their own experience? I have no experience with RVs.

I'm leaving tomorrow so I need to be able to find out these problem fast.
Inverhyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:52 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Go here, Wiring Diagrams, select the year and model, and you'll have the full wiring diagrams for your coach.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

On the same page, also take a look at the Wiring Identification Guide and the Wiring Diagram Help. Winnebago labels all of their 12V wiring every few inches, so with the wiring guide and the diagrams you should be able to figure most things out. (Note that these days Winnebago uses White (ground) and Yellow (power) for 12V wiring, but back in 1994 I believe they used Green (ground) and Purple (power) primarily.)

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:57 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Winnebago does do a far better job with making the info available but it does take a bit for me to sort out their different method. The drawings are slanted toward building the RV, more than for the troubleshooting, if I read it right. You may find them hard to follow and use if you are used to reading other drawings as some of the critical parts like WHERE an item is located are somewhat vague.
So don't be too put off if it looks weird. I was chasing a battery cable for some time and I did like the idea that it was labeled as red with a blue tape on it. That's nice and I was then I was expecting to find the other end at a fuse. What I was NOT expecting was to find a fuse on the frame just inside the front wheel!!!!
The info may all be there but since this is a new one for me, I'm having a bit of fight to sort some of the locations.
Your case will likely get difficult as there will be both chassis and coach wiring and some of the connections may be on the "other drawing" !
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:00 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
On the same page, also take a look at the Wiring Identification Guide and the Wiring Diagram Help. Winnebago labels all of their 12V wiring every few inches, so with the wiring guide and the diagrams you should be able to figure most things out. (Note that these days Winnebago uses White (ground) and Yellow (power) for 12V wiring, but back in 1994 I believe they used Green (ground) and Purple (power) primarily.)
Hey thank you so much for that! That's fairly cool they label all of their wiring. Really nice.

I've found a module under the part number of 66D-00093 that's been completely unplugged, and it seems similar to other wiper control modules. There's another identical module above it under the dash but I can't retrace the part number. Is 66D the wiper module?

I can also not find where the heck the wires for the wiper motor control come into the cabin. That's another puzzler. I'll take another crack at it.
Inverhyt is offline   Reply With Quote