Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2007, 02:29 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I'm down here in Ft. Myers Fl. getting ready to hit the road tomorrow. When taking the sun covers off the wiper blades I found they were in rough shape. No problem, I'll just replace them. Haaa, That is when my day went to H#%% fast. Could not find new inserts.Well looks like I'll have to get the blade assembly. Whoa not so easy either.On my 7th stop I got lucky. At a truck parts store. Moral of the story, carry an extra set.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:29 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I'm down here in Ft. Myers Fl. getting ready to hit the road tomorrow. When taking the sun covers off the wiper blades I found they were in rough shape. No problem, I'll just replace them. Haaa, That is when my day went to H#%% fast. Could not find new inserts.Well looks like I'll have to get the blade assembly. Whoa not so easy either.On my 7th stop I got lucky. At a truck parts store. Moral of the story, carry an extra set.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

In Texas I change mine every year at State Inspection time need it or not I just do it.

DFW, Texas
Dougmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Bought mine at Wally World. 24" and they fit. I think I paid $7.00 each. I agree with carrying an extra set. We bought our coach used and flew to Houston to pick it up. Needless to say, the wipers were shot and I didn't know where I could buy a set. Stopped by Walmart and found a set of 24". They fit
Richard
Old 04-11-2007, 03:14 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I just replaced my 24" blades on our Advantage. Found them at a NAPA store - they suggested the 'U' series blades to fit the track, but take a blade in and let them match it. Cost was around $7.00 each.

Robb & Sue Steinheider
2003 Ultimate Advantage 40K
2001 Saturn Toad
robbstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:22 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
Taking the blades into NAPA or CarQuest and getting them matches is the best bet. The OEM Trico blades or refills are nearly impossible to find. According to the Trico web site Camping World is supposed to carry them but I've never seen them and nothing Trico is available on the CW web site.

I've read posts in this forum claiming the Wal-Mart blades have disintegrated in less than a year.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:12 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Take them into NAPA they can match, not cheap, but visibility is priceless. Haggle with the counter person for better discount. Keep the part number so you can call in advance, they can get overnight if not in stock
I replace annually and keep the old for spares.
When stored they stick to the windshield which causes the short life span. Try to keep from touching the glass
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:19 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Thanks went to NAPA, abig one and had the old one with me. Done every thing you all suggested with out luck. That is why I posted. Maybe the area.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:08 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Big Ben Did you ask them to order the wipers for you?? Some counter people are lazy and they will blow you off, but the manager or owner will not
If you have a truck parts supply in your area you could try them.
I got a set at NAPA in St. Petersburg in the 62 Ave and Haines Ave area. If you happen to be up that way try them
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:35 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I replaced both wiper inserts yesterday on my 2005 Journey at CarQuest Part No. CWP 755-240. Cost: $10.97 ea
dcellisesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:59 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

I went and ordered a pair CarQuest Part No. CWP 755-240. After I received them I did a side-by-side comparison with those on my coach now (the original set). Discovered the OEM ones are 25" versus 24" as has been indicated everywhere I've looked. Additionally the OEM blades are twice as thick as the CarQuest blades and looking at them don't see how they would fit the current wiper frames even if they were long enough.

Anyone have insight as to why the difference?

Old 04-16-2007, 12:21 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Ben:
I'm down here in Ft. Myers Fl. getting ready to hit the road tomorrow. When taking the sun covers off the wiper blades I found they were in rough shape. No problem, I'll just replace them. Haaa, That is when my day went to H#%% fast. Could not find new inserts.Well looks like I'll have to get the blade assembly. Whoa not so easy either.On my 7th stop I got lucky. At a truck parts store. Moral of the story, carry an extra set. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Camping World carries the True Vision and Bosch.

http://www.campingworld.com/search/index.cfm?action=sea...de=11&keywords=wiper

The Bosch are the most economical selling you the whole blade assembly for about the same to maybe a few dollars more then most charge for just the refill.

Every now and then they have a special and will install them for free.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:09 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

When I took my entire wiper arm to CarQuest, they measured the length of the blade and ordered Part No. CWP 755-240. They installed the insert into the arm the next day and, on my coach anyway (2005 Journey 39F), it seems to be a near exact duplicate and fits perfectly. The CarQuest guy said he looked it up in the Trico catalog, but the blade insert came in CarQuest packaging. I can't explain vicsryd's problem because mine work just fine.

Daniel C. Ellis
2005 Winnebago Journey 39F
Portland, Oregon
dcellisesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:37 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Skype™ to disup
Your blades should be 24" but you can check owners manual just in case. Using a replacement blade is much easier than inserts with minimum hassle. For peace of mind I always carry an extra set because the sun does a number on the rubber blade material in Fl. Unfortunately the only time we think of the blades is when it rains and we "try to see" through the streaks with the old ones. ANCO has a new blade made of a special composition that work very good. Former Anco Salesman!!
disup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:37 AM   #15
Winnie-Wise

My locaL Winnebago dealer verified I have the OEM blade/frame (25") when it was in for service and is willing to order the replacement for $20/each . The blade is much thicker than the CarQuest version too. Next time I swing by the coach in storage I'll take the whole blade/frame off and take it to CarQuest.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:42 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Today I put on a pair of Bosch blades that I purchased at CW and they were slightly too wide to fit correctly in the blade holder. They are designed for GM style arms so there is extra metal on the outside of the frame. I was able to force them into the blade holder slot. They don't seem to move as easily as the original equipment blades. Maybe I will grind off the extra metal after my trip next week. Maybe I will keep the old blades just in case I have problems with the new ones.
While I was looking at the mounting of the old blade on the driver side, I noticed the windshield washer end fell off, or was pulled off with a shrinking fluid line. I need to check to make sure the washer works properly. Going to keep an eye on them. I may have to replace the line to give it some slack or the washer will likely fall off again. The lines on both sides are stretched.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:43 PM   #17
Winnie-Wise

I was finally able to determine the blades on my coach were replaced by the original dealer where I bought the coach. They are true heavy duty truck blades and are much more robust/thicker rubber and stronger frames than what Winnie puts on. They are from CarQuest who lists them as being 26" but the blade actually measures 25". Based on my experience they outperform and outlast (2+ years) anything else I've used RV'ing or on my cars/truck.

If anyone is interesting in "upgrading" the complete blade is CarQuest p/n 657-261 for about $50. It comes with the shims, bolt and nut needed to fasten to the Winnie arms. The refills are p/n 751-260 and are only about $15. Other sizes are available. Make sure the counter person looks in the Heavy Duty catalog which, in my experience, was in the back of their binder and looked like it had never been opened.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:13 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

I changed my blades to the Walmart brand and I change the blades every 6 months. Walmart refills are cheap and the sun kills them here in Florida no matter what blade you put on.

2002 Brave 34D
JnGOnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:51 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

I just purchased two new blade assemblies to carry with me at Walmart...8.00 each..by Ansco...and the ones presently on the unit is the same....All I had to do was take the bolt out and insert the new blade assy and replace the small bolt...

Malibu Toad
Okie is offline   Reply With Quote