Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

My first attempt to winterize was to blow out the system (that's what I always did with my 5th wheel), but this new to me MH has a washing machine in it and never got a warm and fuzzy feeling that all the standing water was out of it. So, with the pending cold weather coming I used the pink stuff. I tried to get to the check valve at the HWH but I couldn't get my body into a position to access it. I'll look at it again when the next time I winterize.
tomk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

I guess I must have always drained the tank last the first couple of times I winterized because this fall was the first time I ran across this issue. I had drained the tank first.

What I found weird was that, I hooked up the hose, the tank wouldn't filll. I turn that one valve I always used to winterize and the HWH started to fill. Turned the valve again, and the HWH stopped filling. So, thinking I must have had it wrong the first time, I unhooked the hose, and then went to the other side there the winterizing line was, pushed it into the antifreeze and turned on the water pump. For some reason, the antifreeze was pumping into the HWH again and it didn't matter which way I turned the darn valve. I didn't realize that there must be different routes to the HWH based on the source, unless there is another way to explain why I could turn the valve and the hose wouldn't fill it up, but it would fill up with the water pump.
dieharder is offline   Reply With Quote