Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-01-2016, 08:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher
 
P J Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lake Placid, FL
Posts: 1
Winshield noise

I just bought a new Itasca Suncruiser and love most everything about it to date with one exception. Wind noise around the windshield. I have owned a 2008 Hurricane and a 2014 Canyon Star and have not had the wind noise with either. While at the dealer for warranty work I bought up the issue and had them check it out. They came back with the idea it was normal and probably caused by the location of the outside mirrors. I have also heard it comes from the side drivers door. I don't believe that, as the noise is up front at the windshield. Has anyone out there have this problem. I would like any ideas or thoughts from other Itasca owners.
P J Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:41 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner
 
LVRVLUVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by P J Johnson View Post
I just bought a new Itasca Suncruiser and love most everything about it to date with one exception. Wind noise around the windshield. I have owned a 2008 Hurricane and a 2014 Canyon Star and have not had the wind noise with either. While at the dealer for warranty work I bought up the issue and had them check it out. They came back with the idea it was normal and probably caused by the location of the outside mirrors. I have also heard it comes from the side drivers door. I don't believe that, as the noise is up front at the windshield. Has anyone out there have this problem. I would like any ideas or thoughts from other Itasca owners.
had the same problem... fixed a lot of it..but some where its coming in




LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:27 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 398
Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
but you didn't say how you defeated the wind noise. we have the same issue on our '16 Suncruiser 38Q. it's on the warranty list for the dealer later this month but would be interested how you dealt with the wind noise.
__________________
'73,
rich, n9dko

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:45 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner
 
jerboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 153
There have been several threads on wind noise. Many have solved it with mirror adjustments.
__________________
WE WORK HARD SO OUR DOG CAN HAVE A BETTER LIFE
2005 ADVENTURER 38J
jerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:58 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner
 
jrpend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 85
I have a 2015 Suncruiser and the first time my wife drove it, she thought the windshield was going to fall out.


I greatly reduced the amount of wind noise by making sure all the weep holes had covers on them. During my rigs time on the lot and at rv shows a number of the weep hole covers went missing.


Another thing was on the drivers door. You could actually see light through the drivers door seams. I tried to get CW to install new door seals as part of warranty work, but they were so long in getting it done, I sealed it myself using stuff I got from the friendly neighborhood ACE hardware.


Now if I could just get the large slide to stop creaking when we drive....
__________________
Jerald and Claire Pendleton
And Ginger 1/4 Chi, 1/4 Rat Terrier, 1/2 Pure Mutt / 2013 Smart Car Toad
2015 Itasca Suncruiser 37F / citizensoftheroad.blogspot.com
jrpend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:02 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Rogers, AR
Posts: 45
Now if I could just get the large slide to stop creaking when we drive....

jrpend just reminded me that my slide is creaking just behind the driver quite a lot lately. A slide lock tookl care of that in my previous coach so I just went out to the shop and made one for this slide. Got it installed and am heading out for the lake tomorrow. We'll see how it works.
__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery 40D w/2012 CRV toad
alank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:11 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner
 
jrpend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 85
Off the subject....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post
Now if I could just get the large slide to stop creaking when we drive....

jrpend just reminded me that my slide is creaking just behind the driver quite a lot lately. A slide lock tookl care of that in my previous coach so I just went out to the shop and made one for this slide. Got it installed and am heading out for the lake tomorrow. We'll see how it works.
I am of course very interested in hearing how that comes out. I've tried the screw on slide braces from Amazon which seem to help a bit, but certainly did not eliminate it.

Is your home fabricated slide lock something other than a brace to hold it closed?
__________________
Jerald and Claire Pendleton
And Ginger 1/4 Chi, 1/4 Rat Terrier, 1/2 Pure Mutt / 2013 Smart Car Toad
2015 Itasca Suncruiser 37F / citizensoftheroad.blogspot.com
jrpend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:01 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper
 
jpspaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: CT
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpend View Post
I have a 2015 Suncruiser and the first time my wife drove it, she thought the windshield was going to fall out.


I greatly reduced the amount of wind noise by making sure all the weep holes had covers on them. During my rigs time on the lot and at rv shows a number of the weep hole covers went missing.


Another thing was on the drivers door. You could actually see light through the drivers door seams. I tried to get CW to install new door seals as part of warranty work, but they were so long in getting it done, I sealed it myself using stuff I got from the friendly neighborhood ACE hardware.


Now if I could just get the large slide to stop creaking when we drive....
Is there a special brand or part number that fits Winnebagos? I want to make sure I get the correct weep hole covers. Thanks.
__________________
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K
jpspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:03 PM   #9
Winnebago Master
 
Finhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Olympia, Wa and Las Vegas, Nv for the Winter
Posts: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post
Now if I could just get the large slide to stop creaking when we drive....

jrpend just reminded me that my slide is creaking just behind the driver quite a lot lately. A slide lock tookl care of that in my previous coach so I just went out to the shop and made one for this slide. Got it installed and am heading out for the lake tomorrow. We'll see how it works.
I had the same problem. Easy fix, removed the fir tree needles that were between the seal and the top of the slide
__________________
2012 Itasca Meridian 42E, Roadmaster Tow System, Unified Brakes on Toad
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. US Army Armor. Ret
Finhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:31 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner
 
jrpend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpspaz View Post
Is there a special brand or part number that fits Winnebagos? I want to make sure I get the correct weep hole covers. Thanks.
I think they are pretty generic - I got mine from the now defunct Winnebago store on Amazon. You might want to try the Winnebago parts email.

Another RVer told me once the dealers have boxes of these things sitting around and they'll just give them to you. I have never got one like that though.
__________________
Jerald and Claire Pendleton
And Ginger 1/4 Chi, 1/4 Rat Terrier, 1/2 Pure Mutt / 2013 Smart Car Toad
2015 Itasca Suncruiser 37F / citizensoftheroad.blogspot.com
jrpend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:24 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Rogers, AR
Posts: 45
jrpend, just like yours, the slide lock helped a bit, but that was all. Lubricate the slide, that will do it. Look at my thread in the Class A forum.
__________________
2017 Fleetwood Discovery 40D w/2012 CRV toad
alank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 03:58 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerboy View Post
There have been several threads on wind noise. Many have solved it with mirror adjustments.
Ok so how were they adjusted? What was moved turned etc?
__________________
P&J Olson
2013 Winnebago 33C
More stuff than brains!
Wsufans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:24 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner
 
D Lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 245
Take your drivers side mirror and pull it forward and in, at it's base, till it almost touches the side window. This will stop the air flow between the mirror and the side of the coach that's causing the noise.
__________________
2012 Journey 40U (Our Incredible Journey)
2008 Dodge Dakota(TOAD) 2005 Honda Shadow in TOAD
AF-1 braking system
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:44 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
Take your drivers side mirror and pull it forward and in, at it's base, till it almost touches the side window. This will stop the air flow between the mirror and the side of the coach that's causing the noise.
We have a gasser. On our coach the mirror arms are fixed which fixes the distance between the mirror and body.

But thanks for the tip hopefully others can apply it.
__________________
P&J Olson
2013 Winnebago 33C
More stuff than brains!
Wsufans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
noise


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
winshield removed and rust repaired ron55 General Maintenance and Repair 8 08-22-2012 10:07 PM
strange noise going down road Motorhome05 Campgrounds, Travel and Attractions 10 12-29-2008 11:26 AM
Shurflo Water Pump Motor Noise traveler of california Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures 7 11-21-2008 11:39 AM
Winshield wipers jcar6109 General Maintenance and Repair 11 10-12-2006 05:55 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Winnebago Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.