Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2007, 05:00 AM   #21
Winnie-Wise

RickO: excellent post. It captures what I was trying to say when I started this. Now, if they'll tell me where they hid the 12V CB wiring . Steve
Old 12-02-2007, 05:03 AM   #22
GG1
Winnie-Wise

I my opinion I thinks its a matter of the bottom line. Its a business and its not cost effective for them to make changes to some of the problem areas to their units as long as sales are still up. Winnie knows the problem areas of the coaches buts its easier to get them off the asembly line and let the consumer battle with the dealer to resolve issues. I don't believe Winnebago is exclusive to these problems I haven't spent time reading other owners forums but surely similar issues must be discussed on those forums concerning other manufacturers.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:22 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

I have been through the factory on the tours a number of times, at GNR and other times when out there for service.

When going through the test lab, they claim it is hard to get on the approved list of products list, and if you get on the not approved list, it is hard to get reapproved.

Evidently either Atwood windows has never been on the unapproved list, because as many problems I have seen, they would never have been reapproved unless there are no other manufactures for thermal pane windows.

1999-2008 traded in Suncruiser 90,000 miles
Jeeperrmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:58 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

I certainly agree with GG1 regarding the bottom line driving the actions of all major manufacturers. Based on my limited experience with coaches, I've come to the conclusion that it's just not practical to expect such a complex machine to be free of defects.

On the other hand, Winnie's warranty costs represents a huge pool of money which could be "invested" in fixing defects at their source and it doesn't appear that this happens with much consistency or riggor. Customers just want to know their voices are heard. There's probably a great fear involved in publicizing "problems". It's just too bad.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote