Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Winnebago Window Dust Seal

Has anyone had to replace the window dust seal on a dual pane window? On two of my windows, the seal is starting to get pinched when closing the window thus making it hard to fully close and lock the window. Just wondering if it's possible to just buy and install a new seal as opposed to a whole new window.

Thanks, Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Having the same problem and have thought about that same question you posed. I have looked around on the internet but found nothing in terms of just seals . Maybe someone else has had better luck
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Sammie,
Not exactly sure what you're talking about here but, about 99.999% window stuff can be bought at the average glass/screen/window repair type places. They've got seals, butyl tape, edging, the stuff that goes around the radius of the outside of yours and my windows and a lot more. If, you can remove a section of yours and take it down to your local auto glass repair center, I'd bet they got exactly what you need and or, at least they know where to get it. Sophie's in the "Don't bother me mode right now, I'm sleeping".
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Sammie,
Not exactly sure what you're talking about here but, about 99.999% window stuff can be bought at the average glass/screen/window repair type places. They've got seals, butyl tape, edging, the stuff that goes around the radius of the outside of yours and my windows and a lot more. If, you can remove a section of yours and take it down to your local auto glass repair center, I'd bet they got exactly what you need and or, at least they know where to get it. Sophie's in the "Don't bother me mode right now, I'm sleeping".
Scott
Hi Scott, Just got back from our little piece of heaven (Lake Almanor) and the only problem we had on our trip was the fuzzy felt type channel that the dual pane window slides in starts to pinch inward just when it reaches the almost shut position making it impossible to fully shut and lock the window. I think our windows are made by Atwood and I think I'll give them a call to see if I can just order the felt channel/seal.
Our Sophie was a pretty good pup on our trip. She also enjoys sleeping, but my wife is getting tired of holding Sophie in her lap while we're going down the road.

Sammie (Steve)
Old 05-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry B View Post
Having the same problem and have thought about that same question you posed. I have looked around on the internet but found nothing in terms of just seals . Maybe someone else has had better luck
Harry, I called Lichtsinn Motors today and was told by the parts department that the felt channel/seal is available from them and is sold by the foot. When ordering you need to give them your coach ID number and the length of seal needed. They also want to know what window it's for. Now I just need to figure out how to remove the old seal. Lichtsinn Motors - Iowa RV Parts - Iowa RV Accessories - Located in Forest City, Iowa

Sammie
Old 05-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

That easy?. I guess I tried to make this more difficult than it needed to be.

Thanks for passing this info on Sammie.

Harry
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

For a comparison of costs call Atwood Mobile, the manufacturer, 800-546-8759, RV Components, Gas Appliances, Marine Products, Chassis Components, Seating Systems, Windows and Doors from Atwood Mobile. They should also be able to tell you how to remove and replace. Be aware they are on Indiana time. If Sue is still the one who handles all the parts, she begins work at 5:30am her time and is off early in the afternoon. She was most helpful when we had to get just a new window frame, no glass. We had the work done by Dave Root in Oregon. A very personable, knowledgeable, fair pricing, man to work with.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Bisson View Post
For a comparison of costs call Atwood Mobile, the manufacturer, 800-546-8759, RV Components, Gas Appliances, Marine Products, Chassis Components, Seating Systems, Windows and Doors from Atwood Mobile. They should also be able to tell you how to remove and replace. Be aware they are on Indiana time. If Sue is still the one who handles all the parts, she begins work at 5:30am her time and is off early in the afternoon. She was most helpful when we had to get just a new window frame, no glass. We had the work done by Dave Root in Oregon. A very personable, knowledgeable, fair pricing, man to work with.
Cheryl, Thank you for the information on Atwood. I have sent an E-Mail to Sue and she responded today with " Yes I can get you the window seal. How much do you need? " I will be calling her tomorrow during her working hours to place my order.

Thanks Again,
Sammie
Old 06-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I hope it all works out for you. Let us know how your project goes, etc.

Cheryl

Tags
seal, window, winnebago