Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Winnebago says please don't call for parts numbers

Just got off the phone with Forest City and was told Winnebago has instituted new policy. They will not give you part numbers or check to see if the parts are still available.

I told them dealer was about 70 miles away and in the past I have called Winnebago for part number, availability and then my dealer to order it and have it shipped to me. He said sorry, but the policy has changed and best he could do was tell me how to get to manuals on line and look it up myself. Wouldn't tell me if it was still available or not.

Told him the new policy stunk and would he send a note up to Policy maker that a customer was not impressed with their new lack of customer support. Guess we are just SOL. So much for great support from the factory.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I down loaded the manual and have found it invaluable. There's a rv/car/parts dealership just south of Winnebago called Lichstien (probably misspelled the name) who are quit knowledgeable. They have always treated us well.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Unfortunately you may see more of that from all kinds of factory support.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

The new Fleetwood factory parts go out of their way to help customers so far.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Just got off the phone with my dealer. They were surprised that Winnebago has taken that approach with their customers. Anyway, we were able to order part and they are shipping it for me to replace. Guess all good things must come to an end.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I agree with Pepper2, the Lichtsinn folks are wonderful, helpful, and patient.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I have not had this trouble myself although I have a Winnebago 5th wheel so could be different parts departments. I have been able to obtain part #'s and pricing thru email and then order directly from Winnebago over the phone. So far my requests have been limited to replacement wood cabinetry doors and panels.

At the bottom of all email correspondence is the following which indicates Winnebago recently change their parts email.

"Just wanted to let everyone know that we have a new parts e-mail address for our dealers and retail owners. The new address to send your request to is [email protected] "
mileshuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:22 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper2 View Post
I down loaded the manual and have found it invaluable. There's a rv/car/parts dealership just south of Winnebago called Lichstien (probably misspelled the name) who are quit knowledgeable. They have always treated us well.
Actually it is north of Winnebago by about 1 mile.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:23 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandGloria View Post
Just got off the phone with Forest City and was told Winnebago has instituted new policy. They will not give you part numbers or check to see if the parts are still available.

I told them dealer was about 70 miles away and in the past I have called Winnebago for part number, availability and then my dealer to order it and have it shipped to me. He said sorry, but the policy has changed and best he could do was tell me how to get to manuals on line and look it up myself. Wouldn't tell me if it was still available or not.

Told him the new policy stunk and would he send a note up to Policy maker that a customer was not impressed with their new lack of customer support. Guess we are just SOL. So much for great support from the factory.

What makes you think that Winnebago should have to supply you with part numbers?? Do you call the Ford/Chevy/Dodge factories for the same info?? That is what the dealer is for.
Or you could just go here and look them up yourself, and then call the dealer to have them check availability.
Parts Catalog

Could you imagine how many people they would have to have answering the phone to give out this information to every owner of the 200,000 coaches Winnebago has built??
forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I agree that it was nice when Winnebago helped you find the part number, but, that can be very time consuming for them. If, that was the only way to find the number for the part you need, then they should provide the service, but it's not.

I have order several parts, two of which were odd items, one that had to be manufactured. Took a month and a half to get it. It's really easy to do and Winnebago gives you all the tools you need to find the part number and then verify that it is the correct part for your coach.

First you down load the complete IPB (illustrated part breakdown) and the Alpha List for your coach. This lists literally every single item they used to build your coach. When you find a part number using the IPB, you then can check your alpha list to verify that that part is the one used for your unit. The reason for this is that sometimes there is more then one part number for the same part do to changes that have been make during the production run of that series of units.

If your Alpha List is in PDF format you can search the part number in the acrobat reader search to save time looking for the item by its name.

Yes it would be nice if Winnebago still did it, but I always went to the dealer for this help just like my cars.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:02 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Forest, please read my post. I was informing the community that Winnebago is Jo longer providing a service they provided in the past. I know how to look up part numbers and call my dealer to order them.
It was simply an info note that a service once provided is not being provided any more.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:20 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Forest, please read my post. I was informing the community that Winnebago is Jo longer providing a service they provided in the past. I know how to look up part numbers and call my dealer to order them.
It was simply an info note that a service once provided is not being provided any more.
And then you added this to your "info note":

Quote TomandGloria: "Told him the new policy stunk and would he send a note up to Policy maker that a customer was not impressed with their new lack of customer support. Guess we are just SOL. So much for great support from the factory." End of Quote.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Yup. That's my thought on a change to an existing policy. That's why its in a new paragraph. Thanks for your note.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:19 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Yup. That's my thought on a change to an existing policy. That's why its in a new paragraph. Thanks for your note.
So, what was your point then? You are informing of a change of policy, saying that it is not a big deal to look up your own parts, but then state that their new policy is poor customer service. Very contrarian and confusing.
forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:15 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #16
Winnie-Wise

Hay All,
I have not seen an official announcement yet but you can now buy parts directly from Winnebago. Go to the WitClub website Winnebago & Itasca Branded Apparel, Shirts and Gifts | Winnebago Outdoor and select the RV Parts tab on the top. You can do a search on the part number and buy directly from them. You will know if it is in stock and can have it shipped directly to you.
Enjoy.
>> Dennis
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:38 PM   #17
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengraham View Post
Hay All,
I have not seen an official announcement yet but you can now buy parts directly from Winnebago. Go to the WitClub website Winnebago & Itasca Branded Apparel, Shirts and Gifts | Winnebago Outdoor and select the RV Parts tab on the top. You can do a search on the part number and buy directly from them. You will know if it is in stock and can have it shipped directly to you.
Enjoy.
>> Dennis
That's a good one to know. I've been to the site but never clicked on the RV Parts before.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:05 PM   #18
Winnebago Master

Actually they would look up the parts and availability info in the past but at some point would remind you that your local dealer should be doing this for you. If the dealer was not providing this they would note it and take the dealer to task for not providing the agreed to level of support but for at least ten years this is the way it has been.

I have called Winnebago in the past when I thought a dealers service adviser was flimflaming me with the story about parts no longer being available and Winnebago was pretty good about verifying that. The service adviser at Lazy Days in Sefner Florida had some explaining to do after that.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #19
Winnie-Wise

If it is true that Winnebago will now send parts to the customer, that is great. Some years ago we lost the windshield wiper motor in the boonies out west, nearest city somewhere in OK. We had to hunker down for almost a week till it stopped raining to find a place for repair. We have had Winnebagos for 14 years but now that we are downsizing have looked at other products.

Tags
parts, winnebago