Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2002, 04:29 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

This is the place to post any of the following:

Components & systems you think work fine and should be left alone.

Suggestions for improvement: going forward, what can Winnebago modify or improve to create a better overall product?

Let's keep this constructive, open-minded & fun.

Only rule - for every improvement you suggest, list one thing you like & that works well.

We'll compile a list after we have enough input and forward it on to Winnebago - sort of like our own focus group!

Ghost
'02 Adventurer 32V Ford
Various Toads
Connecticut Woods
<a HREF="http://www.fmca.com/_borders/goosegg.JPG"</a>

FMCA 300790, Good Sam, PCA-CVR

[This message was edited by Ghost on August 31, 2002 at 09:41 AM.]
Old 08-31-2002, 04:29 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

This is the place to post any of the following:

Components & systems you think work fine and should be left alone.

Suggestions for improvement: going forward, what can Winnebago modify or improve to create a better overall product?

Let's keep this constructive, open-minded & fun.

Only rule - for every improvement you suggest, list one thing you like & that works well.

We'll compile a list after we have enough input and forward it on to Winnebago - sort of like our own focus group!

Ghost
'02 Adventurer 32V Ford
Various Toads
Connecticut Woods

[This message was edited by Ghost on August 31, 2002 at 09:41 AM.]
Old 08-31-2002, 04:40 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Like:
Newly re-designed light switches. They have no sharp edges, are smooth on the fingers and the size makes them easy to find in the dark!

Suggestion for improvement:
We'd like to see a greater selection of interior fabrics that are more subdued & contemporary in appearance. Take a look at the Crate & Barrel or Pottery Barn catalog for an example of what we mean. It would also be nice if the variety of fabrics used were better coordinated. For example in our coach with the Sorrento Ivory option, the beadspread & throw pillow matched nothing else in the coach. We replaced these the first day we had the coach We also opted for leather on the driver & passenger chairs and recliner in order to get rid of the busy design of the fabric. We were happy to discover the leather that comes with the Sorrento Ivory option does not have the gaudy piping we saw with other interior colors (green, red & blue) - it's a more subdued tan color.

Ghost
'02 Adventurer 32V Ford
Various Toads
Connecticut Woods

[This message was edited by Ghost on August 31, 2002 at 08:44 PM.]
Old 08-31-2002, 05:06 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Really like the over all quality of the Winnebago Chieftain that we own and our experience with Winnebago customer service has been very good. We especially like the location of our main television, in the middle of the coach instead of at the front. This item alone may keep us from trading very soon since the feature seems hard to come by.

We also would love more updated fabrics. Probably the thing our rig is missing, not an entry level motorhome by the way, is a good battery charger. Winnebago used the inadequate converter, which saved a few dollars, but is just that inadequate!

Georgia Rver
Old 08-31-2002, 05:21 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Like:
Wardrobe bedroom slide. True Air

Dislike:
Inadequate liting in cab, need more roof vents, even w/o fans.

Fred B.
00' adventurer 35U
Fred B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 11:30 AM   #6
iRV2 Marketing

Likes: I like the way Winnebago upped their availability on the 37G to a W22 Workhorse Chassis. The WFG37G can definately use the 8000 lb front axle that the W22 features as standard equipment.

Dislikes:
" Original gold plated shower head kept falling off its holder while in transit causing damage to the shower head finish from bumping around. Dealer replaced the head with a much better unit that has a vertical pin that holds the shower head. Shower head no longer falls off.
" I think that the speaker placement can be improved by using flush mounted speaker in lieu of the pendant speakers for use in the back of the cabin. Additionally the sound system does not have a "Fader" so that you can shift the sound from the back of the coach to the front.
" Biggest Gripe: I wish the slideout were 10 inches deeper. This being the case, when the slideout is closed the driver's seat would be able to be moved 4 inches furthur aft and the edge of the seat wouldn't get chewed up by the outside edge of the slideout. Four more inches of front seat leg room is 4 more than what I had.
" The Stitch Craft front seat wobbles a lot when elevated. I wish it were more sturdy.

Improvements: I just had a 12v. swivel (gold color) incandescent spot lamp fixture installed and it is located on the lower front side corner of the cabinet, facing forward, behind the co-pilot's seat. (above the swivel chair) This lamp will be used mainly to light up the computer workstation area at night time since there is no lighting in that area. It is controlled by a rotary switch on the top of the can. I will post pictures of this Mod as soon as I can shoot it.

01 Winnebago/Workhorse Model 37G/W20 Adventurer
02 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS
Nor'Easters
"We Will Never Forget"
8 8

[This message was edited by DriVer on August 31, 2002 at 04:42 PM.]
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 11:36 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I Like: The one-key fits everything and the One-Place on-board systems' check.

I Dislike: The galley exhaust fan doesn't exhaust; it filters and re-circulates, which doesn't do the job.

Capt Bill, At The Beach
Indian River, Delaware
32' Adventurer, Ford V10
19' Kencraft CC toad.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 12:17 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Would be nice if the clock on the radio would stay illuminated. Can hardly read as it is now.

Also, was wondering why MH are not equipped with air bags? Any thoughts?
Stumpjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 03:46 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stumpjumper:
Would be nice if the clock on the radio would stay illuminated. Can hardly read as it is now.

Also, was wondering why MH are not equipped with air bags? Any thoughts?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You forgot to list one item you like!

Ghost
'02 Adventurer 32V Ford
Various Toads
Connecticut Woods

Old 08-31-2002, 04:12 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Sorry for not listing a "like" in my original message.

This is my first Class A, so I am like a kid in a candy store. I really like it all.

If I had to choose, I guess it would be the outstanding performance of the Workhorse/Allison combination. What a dream to drive. The instrument panel is well arranged.

One other dislike: The drip channel (gutter) drains in the middle of the window on the driver/ passenger side and runs down the window where it is right in the middle of the rear view mirrow. Need to adjust the length of the gutter.

Stumpjumper
2002 Brave 34D
Stumpjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 07:01 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Ghost
'02 Adventurer 32V Ford
Various Toads
Connecticut Woods

Old 09-01-2002, 04:09 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

I dislike skylights that are prone to cracking, and the absence of a pump switch in the bathroom.

I like most everything else but particulairly the Tru-Air A/C and heat pump. I like the way the Ford chassis handles.

2001 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 05:22 PM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

Interesting my Chieftain has a pump switch in the bathroom. I like it.
Thought of another thing I dislike. The big (well biggest) closet is about 1 inch too shallow. Guess they never hung a hanger in the test run!

Georgia Rver
Old 09-02-2002, 06:36 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Ok I finally thought of one for my dislike.

What I like, let me count the ways --- wait, I don't have enough fingers and toes. Seriously, I like just about everything about my coach, a 01 35U, that it was hard to decide on what I disliked. The only thing I could think of was the smallness of the bathroom but Winnebago fixed it somewhat with the 02 models. The number one like is the room the two slides provide.

So, here is what I dislike about my 2nd home: I hate the way it just sits in the back yard during the week. The vehicle was made for moving but I still have to work for a couple of years then it will be "On the Road". My daughter will take the house with the slab and Sandy and I will take the one with wheels. Let the "Adventurer" begin....

Now, after I saw the 03 models , it may be a different story. I need to stay away from RV Shows.........

See You on the Road, Enjoy the Trip.

John, Sandy

Visit us
Old 09-02-2002, 08:32 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by grouchman:
Ok I finally thought of one for my dislike. I hate the way it just sits in the back yard during the week.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ghost
'02 Adventurer 32V Ford
Various Toads
Connecticut Woods

Old 09-02-2002, 11:19 AM   #16
Winnebago Watcher

We Like:Basement Air
Energy Mgt. System
Duo-Pane Windows
Surround Sound
Water Filter
We Love:Good handling Ford Chassis

We Wish:The interior reflected the rest of the quality of the coach. My interior is "Calypso". The carpet should be a higher quality. The fabric of my recliner(a straw colored chenille) clashes with my front seats (taupe velour) The sofa fabric has splashes of pink(ugh). There is a gap between the galley cabinets & floor at one side that should have been sealed. Some interior screws have been inserted haphazardly. All of these are fixable and I am chipping away. Have replaced bedspread, and like Ghost have added throw pillow. Mine are from Pier One. I WANT TO REPLACE MY HOOP BASE RECLINER W/A LEATHER CHAIR THAT SEMI-RECLINES & SWIVELS AND AN OTTOMAN.I have seen this type in several up-scale diesel motor homes. Does anybody have experience with this kind of modification?
FYI: I am the female part of SoarSZ
soarsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 06:39 PM   #17
Winnebago Watcher

One step electric awning: Many oohs and aaahs at campgrounds when extending and retracting! Very quick setup and breakdown.

OnePlace Systems Monitor: I am constantly checking the power draw of various components. "Hmmm...looks like the electric hot water heater is on."

Two slides: It's like having a hotel suite on vacation. The space is awesome.

Areas for improvement:

Hoop chair: There is no real place to move this "moveable" chair. I would rather have a belted seat position (sliding recliner) like previous model year Adventurers.

Shower temperature: We paid extra $ for the upgraded shower kit, but still have that micro-adjusting problem in order to avoid the freezing/scalding water situation. The upgraded shower head is still much nicer than that standard rv showerhead!

Rough ride: I love the power and handling of our V10 chassis, but the ride is too rough on some roads! Winnebago and/or Ford need to resolve this without having their customers purchase aftermarket parts (shocks, mor/ryde), or Workhorse will continue to have a bigger and bigger fan base. Thought: Workhorse chassis with Ford engine!

Cluemeister
Cluemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 07:42 PM   #18
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cluemeister:
Thought: Workhorse chassis with Ford engine!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Can I keep my Allison 5 Speed?

Let's see 345 horsepower and 455 ft/lbs of torque, tough decision.

01 Winnebago/Workhorse Model 37G/W20 Adventurer
02 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS
Nor'Easters
"We Will Never Forget"
8 8
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 05:44 AM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Like: Just about everything on our 2002 Adventurer 32V/Workhorse, especially the floor plan!

Improvement: Need a quieter TrueAir at night.

2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V Workhorse
2001 Chevy Tracker
Old 09-03-2002, 09:01 AM   #20
Winnebago Watcher

Workhorse chasis/allisson tranny (like)
Spare tire location (dislike)
Trueair cooling (like)
trueair noise level (dislike)
water filter undersink (like)
water pump racket (dislike
edytt is offline   Reply With Quote