Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2003, 01:03 PM   #61
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by grundy7:
Ghost,

In reply to your question, "Did I have the power seat option in our Itasca"? No, it came with standard Flexsteel fabric seats. Very uncomfortable. I am thinking of replacing them with something from Camper World. right now I am living with the shimming up of the seat front and sitting on a foam pad to keep my rear from going numb.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another option for you may be the Winnebago surplus store there in Iowa. Last time I was there they had a bunch of extra seats sitting around. Never did check to see if they were power or not, but there was a lot of leather...

Ghost
'02 Adventurer 32V Ford
Various Toads
Snow Covered Frozen Connecticut Woods
FMCA 300790.Good Sam.WIT.PCA-CVR
Old 01-22-2003, 03:45 PM   #62
iRV2 Marketing

Power Seats - OK
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by grundy7:
"Did I have the power seat option in our Itasca"? No, it came with standard Flexsteel fabric seats. Very uncomfortable.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The limited range of motion between the front of the slideout and the steering wheel doesn't give the driver a lot of movement one way or the other. The seat tilt feature sometimes helps but it gets you closer to the steering wheel. A combination of tilting the seat and adjusting the seatback works for me. The best feature of the power seat is its ability to go vertical. The positioning of the legs in reference to the floor of the cab is very important to finding a comfortable driving position.

On the Winnebago Adventurer if the slideout were deeper and retracted into the cab an additional 6 inches the seat back would completely fit in between the lip of the slideout and the wall. This would give the driver the ability to back the seat up by 4 to 6 additional inches.

I believe that Al's Windsport allows this type of seating configuration.

Ordering a new motorhome we would opt for no leather and just the driver's seat being power. The leather sticks in the summer and the passenger power seat's features are infrequently used because the passenger has plenty of room to sprawl out. I do recommend that the driver opt for the power seat option.

<font color=blue>01 Winnebago 37G/Workhorse W20 "¢ Adventurer
02 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS
Nor'Easters
"We Will Never Forget"</font color>
8 8
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 05:50 PM   #63
Winnebago Watcher

Vectra Grand Tour Diesel

* New style "mini-paddle" type light switches (we retrofitted our old ones with these)
* Seat belts in almost all seating positions
* Sleek styling and construction of all- aluminum cargo bay doors
* Basement air - no drips from roof air, better clearance, lower CG
* Allison 6-spd "World" transmission
* Upscale interior and fabrics

Suggestions:
* Full body paint vice decals on all mid & upscale models
* facing mini-sleeper sofas vice swivel dinette chairs (we had custom Villa-International units made)
* Driver and passenger side diesel fuel fillers for truck stop fueling and accomodate high- volume diesel nozzles.

Vectra Grand Tour diesel pusher Cummins w/Allison 6-Spd "World" trans.
F350 Super Duty 4x4 PSD CC LB SRW w/Bigfoot 1500 9.5
Jeeps & Dogs
God Bless America & Our Troops Overseas!!!
ourjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 07:59 AM   #64
Winnebago Watcher

dislike that winniebago wont stand behind there products!!
dislike that there dealers wont stand behind what they sell
dislike that there new coachs leak and they dont care.
dislike once they got your money your out of here
!!
dislike there warrenty or lack of.
dislike the fact that the factory pointed out a flaw in the roof to the dealer but wants 80 bucks to fix it and its still under warranty
dislike the fact that I will not buy a winnebago
because of IT.
the factory was not upfront when I ask about service bulliten on the leaking roof(weepholes)
other than that is ok!(maybe its a class c thing)
read some of the forms(class c)on trailer life.com maybe winnebago should look on that form
like 8.1 chev power
harlanr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 09:23 AM   #65
Winnebago Watcher

I like that my 2000 Sunflyer feels like a home - since it IS my only home, I like the nice decor, light wood, big refrigerator, etc.

I like that Winnebago has responded to all my concerns and problems even though I was the second owner and was out of warranty, Bryan Funke has been great!

I also dislike the plastic drawer glides that are constantly breaking - I've had to replace every one of them.

I dislike that the black paint is flaking off the handrails on both sides - what's that about?

I dislike the fact that they installed the seatbelt on backwards and the belt won't lie straight even though I unbolted and rebolted it. (need to rethread belt through loop and I haven't figured out how to do that)

I mainly like that my home will take me anywhere I want to go!

I may have gripes, but I am so blessed to be able to live this full-time RV life...

Solo lady full-timer having the time of her life!

My beginner home page:
http://hometown.aol.com/peggysrv

MaliasRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 12:42 PM   #66
Winnebago Owner

Excellent! It's always nice to hear from new folks that have embarked on the full timing lifestyle. *sigh* Someday!

Ghost
'02 Adventurer 32V Ford
Various Toads
Snow Covered Frozen Connecticut Woods
FMCA 300790.Good Sam.WIT.PCA-CVR
When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
Old 02-14-2003, 01:56 PM   #67
Winnebago Watcher

I am really impressed with the 8.1 liter engine, the Workhorse chassis and the Allison Tranny. It makes for a GREAT handling coach! We both love the electric sofa.

I wish they'd design a trash recepticle that you used in the coach, near the kitchen, that dumped into one of the basement storage bins. They did put in a clothes hamper, that is very handy to have.

I wish they'd NOT put the clothes hanging bar at the very top of the closet, thereby wasting a lot of space. I re-installed it sixteen inches lower, and put a cedar shelf immediately above it, creating a tremendous amount of storage space that was going wasted. Winnebago HAS to be smarter than I am, and should have figured this out already. Small expense, HUGE increase in the number one item we all want: more storage!

I'm probably going to get clobbered on this one, but I don't understand why they don't just have ONE storage tank for black and grey water. It seems to me that it instantly solves the "not-enough-water-in-the-black-tank-to-keep-everything-wet" problem, and makes dumping time, hooking up, etc, activities cut in half (only one tank to drain). It also solves the issue of, one of your holding tanks is completely full, and the other one has only a few gallons in it...as they'd drain into one tank, you'd always be able to use the maximum storage.

I must quickly state that we LOVE out coach! It's been the single biggest source of enjoyment in our lives for many a moon. I'm just mad at myself that I didn't explore this lifestyle sooner...AND, you meet the nicest people RV'ing...(HI, Lou and Robin, thinking of you guys!)...

Also, I wish the salesman had told me that 22.5 inch tires were available on my model when I bought it, but I guess that's really my fault, for not doing better homework.

It's VERY obvious from the countless little details that Winnie installed on their coaches, that they have put a tremendous amount of time into satisfying customer wants. I'm sure that in time, they will add all of the items we've listed here. Meanwhile, I honestly don't believe that there is a better coach on the market for the money.

Sincerely,
Verne and Linda

'03 Adventurer 35u, Workhorse 22, 8.1 Vortec, Allison Tranny, '00 Honda Insight Toad (Electric/gas hybred) with two Salorr All-Electric Scooters.

www.MagicMax.com

Verne and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 02:01 PM   #68
Winnebago Camper

We have the 35u 2001 and love it. We had a couple of minor problems but Winnebago took care of everything--even after the warranty was up. We even had all the plastic drawer holders replaced!Customer service has been great and so has the coach.

2001 Adventurer 35U-W20
2001 CRV
Tom and Cindy
Living the Dream------ Largo, Fl.
Newmar 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 04:40 PM   #69
Winnebago Watcher

I love the floorplan on our 35U Sunflyer. The systems throughout were easy to learn and use.

Count me as another who thinks the fabrics/carpet chosen for the interior are poor quality and tend to make me go "ewwww!" when I walk in. Ivory anything gets dingy looking very quickly.

Liane, Don, Tom(13)
and Peanut the pug
'00 Itasca Sunflyer
http://home.att.net/~holders3
Old 02-20-2003, 05:45 PM   #70
Winnebago Camper

Likes: heatpump, workhorse with allison trans. Dislike: needs a bathroom fan
Ken & Joyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:00 PM   #71
Winnebago Master

I am the proud owner of a 2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD. It's my first RV and my overall impression is WOW. Thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback:

Likes: Great floorplan, especially the central entertainment center! It really feels like home rather than an RV. The 7' of headroom is also greatly appreciated. I'm 6'6" tall and can't tell you how important that is to me.

Dislikes: Just as the headroom is important, so is leg room when driving. Not only does the pilot's seat hit the slide when retracted, the driver's pedals don't seem easily relocated forward to provide more room. Secondly, I would really appreciate the use of more dimmers for lighting throughout the coach. The accent lighting is great but other lights could become much more functional with dimmers.

Thanks for listening.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:09 PM   #72

WOW! I wonder how many of these Winnebago owners actually own a Winnebago now...this is a 4 year old thread....

I know DriVer does....and his dash flips up...
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:59 PM   #73
Winnebago Owner

Improvement: Bathroom shower adjustments. My wife has a lot of trouble setting the shower controls. I've told her to just think about moving the knob but she believes in big adjustments so she has a lot of trouble adjusting the water to a comfortable temperature.

Like: The new 2006 transmission on the Ford Chassis with Tow Haul. It's a great feature and I love it.

JD & Kathy
JD Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:58 PM   #74
Winnebago Owner

Best of all is the floor plan of the 40AD (no longer available). The overall quality has been almost acceptable. Will not go into various problems.
Major dislike: The roof attachment has to be the worst in the entire industry. They must be afraid to admit their mistake due to the liabilities. All they need to say is "we have a product improvement" and move on. I now have Eternabond to permanently hold it together.
Winnebago has been very responsive to each of my concernes. I couldn't ask for better folks to deal with. Now it's out of warranty so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Would I do it again? Most likely!
Old 05-31-2007, 05:22 PM   #75
Winnie-Wise

Like the looks of our full body paint, plenty of electrical outlets and the new switches and plenty of lights.

Wish Winnebago would stick with the tried and true componets. Our 04 has had, Dimensions inverter failure,Sharpe microwave, Weather Pro, Magnatek dash radio, all our blinds had to be restrung, backup camera, all failed
immediately out of warrenty except the thermostat which was still in. Never had any componet failures in our 2000.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:18 PM   #76
Winnebago Owner

Can't believe no one is fed up with the cheapo carpet Winnebago uses. UGH. Wish they would go to all tile with an area rug.

Other than the UGH carpet we love our 04 Journey 39K. Great floor plan for us.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote