Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

winnebago leveling jacks workhorse ch.

I have a problem with my Kwikee jack system on an 03 workhorse frame. The jack are retracting but the light and alarm show they are not all up and the pump won't shut off. I have cleaned and lubricated the rods and have tested the switches on each of the 4 jacks ,they work.I also refilled the oil tank that was low( that my have caused the problem). There should be a pressure switch or a something to shut everything off but where is it. any ideas??
64falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Could have some air in the oil tank. If you have extended all jacks after filling and retracted and still no change you may have to bleed the system to get the air out. That could cause the pressure difference keeping the system from cycling
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I had a similar problem.
After opening the control box on the dash, I found a ribbon connector partially extracted from its wide black socket due to road vibrations. After re-insertion, a dab of RTV (Room Temperature Vulcanizing) Silicone Rubber is now holding it in place.
A very frustrating failure to analyze.
The best of luck to you.
garyspang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

There are magnetic reed switches on each ram. I don't know anything about where they are located but this is what the manual says "2. Red indicator light will not go out when legs are retracted.
• Reed switch(es) not grounded or reed switch is defective."

If you send PowerGear an email they are good about answering questions although they will not take phone calls.

Their web site is Power Gear - Advanced Actuation Solutions for RVs
Old 11-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

A lot of the problems with Kwikee jacks seem to go away if you just take the 4 screws out of the control box and unplug the board for a bit then put it all back together. Sort of a reboot for the thing. Might not fix your problem but doesn't cost much to check it out.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

leveling jacks update

Thanks everyone for your help. Here is where I am now. I got some info from the tech at levelbest and he told me which plug comes to the pump from the switches. I can short the plug and make the light go out so I know I have an open in the circuit I just need to find it.I know that the switches are in series so it will be like finding a bad bulb in the Christmas lights wish me luck. Ill let you know
Old 11-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

leveling jack repair

Just wanted to let you now that I found the problem . Apperantly the wires from the rear jacks are spliced together above the fuel tank then come forward on one pair of wires. My problem was an open at or near that splice .I ran new wires from the jacks to a point where I could get to the pair going forward respliced them there, trouble gone. Thanks

Tags
jacks, leveling, workhorse, winnebago