Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Yesterday I called customer service to confirm that I had a part number correct. Upon getting the info I stated I will have call my dealer who is 50 miles away to order it.

The service rep then stated why do that when you can order it direct and get the part days faster.

I was surprised to learn that this is a relatively new service and all you need is your Winnebago coach serial number. If you are the registered owner you can get any part you need.

The toll free number is 1-800-933-7742.

This may be old news, but not to me.
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Yesterday I called customer service to confirm that I had a part number correct. Upon getting the info I stated I will have call my dealer who is 50 miles away to order it.

The service rep then stated why do that when you can order it direct and get the part days faster.

I was surprised to learn that this is a relatively new service and all you need is your Winnebago coach serial number. If you are the registered owner you can get any part you need.

The toll free number is 1-800-933-7742.

This may be old news, but not to me.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Wow, that's great news! Now I won't have to deal with my local dealer and pay frieght to them and then from them to me! Thanks for the info.
Craig Heyne & Co-Pilot/Navigator Sharon. 2007 Voyage 33V W20. Brazel's Ultra Power Permormance kit. CAI, Reprogramming, plug wires, Steer-Safe, Suzuki Grand Vitara toad, two spoiled cats and a GPS set to infinity.
Craig H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #4

Nice! I wonder if you can do it on-line?
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Yes, "they" can do it online (or at least they have a website). BUT THIS ISN'T WINNEBAGO INDUSTRIES. (Not that it makes a lot of difference in this case). This is MOBILITY RV, located in Hanlontown IA. Their website is www.winnebagoparts.com. They ship, or have Winnebago ship. They will most of the time probably have a better price than your local dealer, even AFTER you pay shipping. Same is true for Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I just ordered parts from Lichtsinn. Got them (here in NC) in two days; no errors, no fuss, great service.

800-343-6255.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:40 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Lichtsinn 9 out of 10 times beats everyone on price. Service is great, knowledge is great and now one of our sponsors. They have never done me wrong in 4 years of association.

Best,
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:20 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

For Winnebago parts without going thru these wimpy local dealers is great news. Thanks for passing on this information.
Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:23 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thudman:
I just ordered parts from Lichtsinn. Got them (here in NC) in two days; no errors, no fuss, great service.

800-343-6255.

Thudman </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Me too!
And don't forget they sponsor this forum..

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:51 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

lichtsinn in my opion is the only place to by parts, prompt, best price, and very knowledgable.
marleygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:07 AM   #11

I agree with the rest of the posters....Lichtsinn has always done me right, and I will continue to use them.

I was under the impression that the OP was stating that this was a Winnebago Direct type parts order.....
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:29 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Good info.......I just ordered stuff for mine through my local dealer and had to pay shipping to them and then to me.

Front & Rear Koni FSD's
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:49 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
My dealer is 10 minutes away, may as well be 10,000 miles. I deal with Lichtsinn, extremely helpful and a pleasure to talk to.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:58 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AFChap:
Yes, "they" can do it online (or at least they have a website). BUT THIS ISN'T WINNEBAGO INDUSTRIES. (Not that it makes a lot of difference in this case). This is MOBILITY RV, located in Hanlontown IA. Their website is www.winnebagoparts.com. They ship, or have Winnebago ship. They will most of the time probably have a better price than your local dealer, even AFTER you pay shipping. Same is true for Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the clarification. AFChap is correct.

Since Winnebago Customer Service referred me to the number I took it at face value no matter what the name of the comapny is. My part is on the way and I am a happy camper !!