Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-02-2018, 02:06 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
I still watch some black and white movies. No, don't "rip them out" just don't ever have it installed....much easier like that. If your system is still working flawlessly as ours has been for TEN Years, then I'll listen. And...only Suburban water heaters use an anode rod....the Atwoods never have. I flush ours every 2 years- it takes about 20 minutes from the time I reach for my crescent wrench until I put it away. Yes, rv'ing entails some maint. now and then, and don't misunderstand, progress is fine as long as it's meaningful and enduring.

Like I said... I'm enjoying the modern systems in my RV, including instant hot and solar, LED lights, LED TV, GPS, SAT tv, and even the DEF system (I don't smell diesel around my rig). I like technology and the benefits it provides. For people who want the more modern systems, I'm with them. As far as meaningful - for me they are, enduring - so far so good. All of my systems including the color TV has been doing well so far also When they figure out and fix the OP issue I'm sure he will be happy he has it.

Some people don't like change, I get that. I'm happy you are having such good luck and hope it continues. As far a maintenance of heaters, if you winter in south Texas you'd be doing much more - I see it all the time there.

as previously stated... it's all opinions anyway, I certainly won't be putting any more effort to further this, obviously you are steadfast in your view same as I am in mine.

Have a nice day!
Old 08-06-2018, 09:52 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

As the Winnebago saying goes, "Home is where you park it", and I primarily work remotely too, and we have met such good people and made what are likely to be long-lasting friendships with some of the other couples "stranded" here at the factory service center.

I have very good news to report: thanks to some very good and obviously influential people at the Rally in Forest City, one each from WGO and Truma, we were overnighted a brand-spanking new Truma AGCP which was reportedly tested before shipping as one would activate it after a day's travel - in COMFORT mode and the heat exchanger cold, not hot. The professionals at Junction City WGO installed it, tested it, and it provides all the claimed functions! This NEW unit is indeed different. The motor housing above the burner exhaust is die cast aluminum, not black plastic. (Wish I had taken a photo of the original!) Of course I tested startup a few times before we left Junction city. It's been working well (knock on wood) ever since we left Junction City. Thanks again, most of all to the skilled and talented technicians at Junction City WGO and all those involved at Junction City and Forest City WGO and of course, Truma.
1GRN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:10 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GRN1 View Post
As the Winnebago saying goes, "Home is where you park it", and I primarily work remotely too, and we have met such good people and made what are likely to be long-lasting friendships with some of the other couples "stranded" here at the factory service center.

I have very good news to report: thanks to some very good and obviously influential people at the Rally in Forest City, one each from WGO and Truma, we were overnighted a brand-spanking new Truma AGCP which was reportedly tested before shipping as one would activate it after a day's travel - in COMFORT mode and the heat exchanger cold, not hot. The professionals at Junction City WGO installed it, tested it, and it provides all the claimed functions! This NEW unit is indeed different. The motor housing above the burner exhaust is die cast aluminum, not black plastic. (Wish I had taken a photo of the original!) Of course I tested startup a few times before we left Junction city. It's been working well (knock on wood) ever since we left Junction City. Thanks again, most of all to the skilled and talented technicians at Junction City WGO and all those involved at Junction City and Forest City WGO and of course, Truma.

I am happy for you that all is well now. What still troubles me is the history behind your success. And, I wonder if you did get a production line unit or one in development and not truly made for the consumer? You say it is made of different materials than the original style. Is the company going to recall the defective units because of what they learned through you? I hope they do the right thing. You spent a lot of money and time to accomplish your success. I am certain others out there are not getting your successful results because of the inability to communicate with "the right people" of authority.
Safe travels and many happy trails.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:47 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
I am happy for you that all is well now. What still troubles me is the history behind your success. I am certain others out there are not getting your successful results because of the inability to communicate with "the right people" of authority.
Has anyone seen anyone else report this issue? I’ve not seen such a report here or at any other RV forum I visit. It seems if others had this issue there would be lots of posts about it. So perhaps there’s nothing to be troubled about.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:22 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Glad it's fixed, and you can now switch from the grumble phase to the praise phase
Meridian42e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:49 AM   #26
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian42e View Post
Glad it's fixed, and you can now switch from the grumble phase to the praise phase
ditto! Time to camp. Love a success story.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:54 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

As it turns out, the Thetford Tecmar toilet in the rear bath was improperly installed, omitting a conical washer that caused a water leak and which leaked air into the Truma AquaGo Comfort+ plumbing connection. In addition, due to the rally going on, WGO would not authorize Truma to send their technician to WGO West Coast (WGOWC) in Junction City, OR to make a proper repair. As a result the WGOWC technicians' best effort repair was botched. In Jan 2019 a Truma technician in Phoenix AZ found an unnecessary extra and a backwards installed check valves and a highly modified plumbing connection. In addition the Truma's supply and return plumbing was pulled taut causing banging sounds every time a tap was opened or a toilet flushed. Worst of all that caused the PEX tubing to rub against the coach's internal structure. That would eventually wear thru the tubing and cause a water leak, damaging the coach's internal structure and a very $$$ out of warranty repair. Due to the modified plumbing connection, when the Comfort+ was set to Comfort, the AquaGo would needlessly waste LPG and 12VDC power to heat water whenever a COLD water tap or a toilet was flushed. A visit to WGO WHQ in Forest City, IA in 2019 temporarily (1 week) remedied pipe banging with a quick repair of padding and tie-wraps. A subsequent visit to WGO WHQ in 2020 actually got the Truma's plumbing configuration returned to the coach's original blueprint specifications and internal plumbing checked for wear and potential leakage. We still get some water hammer, but that should be expected because, unlike brick and mortar homes, our 2017 Forza 38W plumbing system does not have Water Hammer Arrestors (WHA). I suspect that RVs don't have these devices, primary because a $10 (retail) device + installation parts and labor is required at each tap, toilet, and dish and clothes washer connection. Our coach would require 11 WHA.
Note that our Truma AquaGo Comfort+ gave an error code before we took delivery on 10/24/2017 and hadn't worked properly until mid-September 2020. Hmmm. I wonder why Winnebago has zero J.D. Power awards. Do any RV manufacturers or dealers possess J.D. Power awards? Why not? Are RV users exempt from receiving quality products? It seems so.
1GRN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:16 AM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GRN1 View Post
I wonder why Winnebago has zero J.D. Power awards. Do any RV manufacturers or dealers possess J.D. Power awards? Why not? Are RV users exempt from receiving quality products? It seems so.
Here’s the thing about JD Power. A manufacturer has to pay them to run a survey. A lot of money actually. That’s how they make their money. They don’t go through the effort if they don’t have a paying customer.

The idea is if you make a product it will benefit your sales if you score well so the cost is worth it. Then all your competitors will also pay to be included to keep the initial manufacturer from always “winning.”

So if no RV manufacturers pay to have a quality survey completed there will not be one. Period.

Tags
country coach, service, winnebago