Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2008, 07:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Help! 2005 Voyage 33V. After a short period of time the windshield wipers will not shut off. I have tried applying non-conductive grease to the connectors near the wiper motor. No luck after about 15 minutes in the rain the wipers will stop. Workhorse implied that it was a Winnebago problem and Winnebago suggested I contact Workhorse. Has anyone experienced this and found the cure?
Thanks
Jeff
KTMONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:57 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Jeff,
We had a 2006 National Dolphin on a 2005 Workhorse chassis. Did the same thing. It is a Workhorse issue (I believe in the wiper motor itself). If you check out the Workhorse website, there is a forum with a blog that addresses this issue. If your coach is out of warranty, I would just plan on replacing the wiper motor and be done with it. Hope this helps.
mike
smike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:34 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Here is some info that may help you, windshield wipers.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We had the same problem the first year we had our motorhome. The wipers wouldn't shut off with the on/off twist control in the off position. I just kept twisting the control between the on and off positions and after about 50 tries it finally started working properly. I don't know if something was preventing good contact in the switch or what but it has worked perfectly ever since. Maybe just lucky but try it - it may work for you too!
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:56 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I'm with Driver on this one. I have had the reoccuring wiper problem when it rains, thought I had fixed it by cleaning, greasing, and sealing up the back side of the wiper motor connections. During the last big rainstorm in the east we were heading up I81 and the wipers took off, I stopped and checked the motor connector and it was still dry and greased. About the same time my control for the US Gear toad brake started sounding off. I checked the connection on the back of the coach for the braking system and the boot covering the wiring was full of water. I pulled the boot back and let the water drain and the wipers and brake alarm returned to normal. The boot was filling with water and grounding the wiring in the brake connector. I filled the boot with dielectric grease and continued the remainder of the trip without incident. Don't ask me to explain it, but I believe it has to be a grounding issue.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:30 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I have the same problem. I took a volt meter and found the wire that had power on it( with the wiper switch off) at the wiper motor connectin, which is the delay mode that is bad and I cut the wire, now I still have low and Hi speed, but no delay or you can buy the part at workhorse for $150.00
Raise your dash and look just in front and down from the steering wheel it's the square box with gear section lights on it
Old 01-17-2008, 06:14 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for your input and suggestions. I'm going to try additional moisture proofing on all the connectors, exercising the switches and as a last ditch effort I'll replace the module and/or the wiper motor. For the short term I may put a switch across the wiper fuse, pulling off a crowded Seattle freeway to remove the fuse can be hazardous to your health. Once again thanks for the suggestions. Jeff
KTMONE is offline   Reply With Quote