Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #1

Has anyone removed the windshield wiper arm on their MH? Seems easy enough, and I tried to adjust one of the arms, as they aren't positioned 'equally' on the windshield when in the stopped position. But when I removed the larger nut and washer, the arm didn't want to readily pull off the shaft. Since I didn't want to break anything, I put it back together and thought I would post the question...

Thanks for any replies...
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #2

Has anyone removed the windshield wiper arm on their MH? Seems easy enough, and I tried to adjust one of the arms, as they aren't positioned 'equally' on the windshield when in the stopped position. But when I removed the larger nut and washer, the arm didn't want to readily pull off the shaft. Since I didn't want to break anything, I put it back together and thought I would post the question...

Thanks for any replies...
Old 04-08-2007, 03:10 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

They get alittle sticky on there but will come off. I took a pair of channel lock pliers and "wiggled" them off. Put one side of the pliers behind the arm and the other part of the pliers on the end of the post and squeeze it off the post.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:51 AM   #4

I've taken mine off a couple of times; once to realign and once to repaint. I found it easier to remove them using a screwdriver as a pry bar.

Getting them realigned is not so simple. I found it to be a matter of trial and error, but I still can't get them equidistant from the center of the windshield. One is always off by an inch or so.

Once you get them off, put a dab of white grease on the spindle. That will make them come off a bit easier as you make adjustments.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:07 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Richard: A friend adjusted his and suggested to pull the wiper down toward you this releases the spring tension and it comes off easier. Keep us posted on your progress. I want to adjust mine closer to the center windshield support.
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:49 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gary CA:
Richard: A friend adjusted his and suggested to pull the wiper down toward you this releases the spring tension and it comes off easier. /QUOTE]

Your friend is right. I forgot that part. It does help alot.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:17 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Gary CA- That works perfectly. Thanks as I just adjusted mine today. Made life much easier.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:40 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

That's great to know, I want to pull mine off and re-paint them flat black along with the grill, as they are looking in need of this. I'll do the water heater vent also. Thanks
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:10 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary CA:
Richard: A friend adjusted his and suggested to pull the wiper down toward you this releases the spring tension and it comes off easier. Keep us posted on your progress. I want to adjust mine closer to the center windshield support. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks to you Gary and all others that replied. I had the right idea but when it didn't pop off, I chickened out putting much pressure on the arm. Right now, the MH is in the driveway and too close to the garage door to give it a try but will this weekend. The drivers' side wiper is off quite a bit compared to how the passenger side sits... hope to post the results this weekend.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:56 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Richard,

On the smaller arm, near the base, are two screws for fine turning the postion of the arms. Just lossen them and slide the arm in/out until in the postion you want. Don't forget to tighten them and all the other nuts on the blades. Be careful not to tighten them to hard or they will break. You do not need to take the blades off to fine turn them. Hope this helps.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #11

Okay! Finally got the drivers' side wiper arm adjusted. I may have to fine tune it by re-adjusting it with the small screws but got the wiper arm removed. It was really on there and didn't seem to want to budge. Once off, it's easy to see how simple the mechanism is and how to put it back together.