Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-04-2006, 08:59 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Last fall after driving thru a rain storm I shut off the wipers and they decided to park themselves on the outside of the windshield instead of in the center. I've tried turning them on and off more times than I can count and they still insist on parking on the outside of the windshield.

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the wipers so that they park where they belong on the center of the windshield? The wiper motor and linkage is located just below the window frame and is accessable thru the "hood". My '98 Brave is on a Chev. P-30 chassis.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 08:59 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Last fall after driving thru a rain storm I shut off the wipers and they decided to park themselves on the outside of the windshield instead of in the center. I've tried turning them on and off more times than I can count and they still insist on parking on the outside of the windshield.

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the wipers so that they park where they belong on the center of the windshield? The wiper motor and linkage is located just below the window frame and is accessable thru the "hood". My '98 Brave is on a Chev. P-30 chassis.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:33 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Hi Tom,

The same thing happened to our Adventurer, and I suspect we have the same basic linkage. Here's what I found; look at the linkage you have already located, have your better half switch on the linkage while you watch it with a flashlight. NO FINGERS ALLOWED DURING THIS ACTION!! You should see a nut and bolt that is on a linkage that will allow adjustment of the "at rest position". After seeing the linkage operate it should be pretty obvious which way to make the adjustment. To adjust, loosen the nut, slide the linkage and retighten. Test by operating the system. I believe I also found that you want to lift the wipers off the windshield so when you move the linkage you are trying to "drag" the wipers over the windshield.

Hope this helps.

Mike & Lisa
TheRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 07:17 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Thank you very much for your response, I'll take a look at it tomorrow afternoon and see if I can locate it.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:10 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

That was good advice, happened to us also. Not a very good system, the second time it happened one of the arms (read vertical posts) broke & I had one wiper at rest on the outside & one in the center. We were on a trip so I didn't bother with it till we got home & odered the part. Believe me you don't want to have to replace that post. The suport bracket is epoxied to the front cap. Yuck!
Fred B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:35 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

The wipers work just fine, but it bothers me that they "park" in the wrong positon. I didn't get the opportunity to get to it today, and now it is snowing again. I do appreciate the advice and hope to get it fixed soon.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:25 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kazoo Tom:
The wipers work just fine, but it bothers me that they "park" in the wrong positon. I didn't get the opportunity to get to it today, and now it is snowing again. I do appreciate the advice and hope to get it fixed soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom,

Here is a link to the online parts manual at WinnebagoInd check out page 71:

http://www.winnebagoind.com/%7Eservi...8/98wf32wq.pdf

Either the drive skipped a few teeth in the gearbox or the arm (part #13) slid on the shaft. Hopefully it is just the arm that slid and you should be able to adjust it by loosening the jamb nut.

Regards,

Neil
Old 03-06-2006, 02:02 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Another solution (?):
http://irv2.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/248609445.../315103466#315103466

Old 03-06-2006, 07:50 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

NeilV and troth, thank you both for your timely replies. It is still snowing here, but we are told warmer weather is on the way. I will take a close look at the linkage, and the links you both suggested, as soon as the weather clears a bit.