Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2005, 11:58 AM   #1

Someone help me on this, please.

The windshield washers on my rig do not work. I've blown air through the tubing, and all lines are clear. I suspect that the pump isn't working.

Can someone tell me if the pump is integral with the reservoir? Is it fused? If so, where is the fuse? If not, then the pump is probably dead. Do I buy a complete new reservoir, or are the pumps available somewhere?

Thanks!
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 11:58 AM   #2

Someone help me on this, please.

The windshield washers on my rig do not work. I've blown air through the tubing, and all lines are clear. I suspect that the pump isn't working.

Can someone tell me if the pump is integral with the reservoir? Is it fused? If so, where is the fuse? If not, then the pump is probably dead. Do I buy a complete new reservoir, or are the pumps available somewhere?

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2005, 04:22 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I haven't checked mine (and it's too cold out to go look right now) but the pump is often located on the bottom of the reservoir. If so it can be removed and replaced. You can also check the wire connected to it to see if voltage is present when the washers are activated.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:44 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

on my 2001 itasca 30w, on a workhourse chassis the pump was at the bottom. But I could not find a replacement pump when it failed. I took the old pump out and removed the impeller and put it back, then I mounted an after market pump next to the reservoir and put a hose to the old pump to the new pump then out to the wipers. Without the impeller on the old pump the new one just sucked right by it.
worked great and the new pump was only $10.00

Seattle, WA
rvcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:16 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

pickup my new 2005 voyage 28 oct, on the way home tried the washer. it didn't work. checked voltage to pump, no power. tried to chase back to switch but the wire change color at connectors hid behind things. dealer had it 8 days replaced wiper motor, alothough the wipers worked????? now it works.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:08 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rvcarpenter:
on my 2001 itasca 30w, on a workhourse chassis the pump was at the bottom. But I could not find a replacement pump when it failed. I took the old pump out and removed the impeller and put it back, then I mounted an after market pump next to the reservoir and put a hose to the old pump to the new pump then out to the wipers. Without the impeller on the old pump the new one just sucked right by it.
worked great and the new pump was only $10.00 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats great. RVCarpenter, where did you get the pump from? That's a good idea.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:29 AM   #7

Do you recall where you purchased the aftermarket pump. I suspect however, that there's not much difference between the washer system in the coach to that in any other vehicle. If all else fails I might be able to get one from a recycle yard.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:48 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I got the pump at our local auto parts store called Shucks. But you could use just about any aftermarket pump I think. I'm sure NAPA would have something.

Seattle, WA
rvcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:50 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rvcarpenter:
I got the pump at our local auto parts store called Shucks. But you could use just about any aftermarket pump I think. I'm sure NAPA would have something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info. I'll check NAPA.

I can't help but wonder however, if the failure of the pump has anything to do with my cigar lighter problem (blows fuses). I'll have to track down that problem to be certain that it doesn't.