Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2014, 03:55 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Windshield washer reservoir replacement

I have 2003 Adventurer 35U and I'm thinking I need to replace the reservoir because the pump simply does not work. I've looked at all the manuals for a fuse for it, but can find none. I even went through all the fuses to check them--all good. Pulled the main hose at the "T" connector, no flow. Reseated the power connector, no go.

My question is this: How does one get to the bottom support nuts? I can feel them, but I'll be damned if I can get a wrench/socket on them.

Scott
Old 08-18-2014, 09:36 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

have you checked the hose for a crack?
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:16 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Hi,

Yes. Unfortunately, the pump never turns on. The reservoir is full, as well.

Scott
Old 08-19-2014, 05:20 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Does the reservoir simply slide out of lips at the bottom, mind did that was not bolted!
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:22 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Did you hook your meter up to the motor leads for it and have someone else push the washer button? Did you get 12v? If you don't have an extra body to do so, you can use any 12vdc source and power the washer unit from right there at the washer reservoir wiring harness. I just hate to see you go thru all the trouble for a new reservoir if the washer pump motor isnt really bad.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:02 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Thanks, guys!

Homeless: Now, this is from a picture I saw of the reservoir on ebay, it has four holes, two at the top and two on the bottom. Frankly, it seems overkill to me given that the engine coolant reservoir is held in by a strap! And, I've reached under the windshield washer reservoir and felt nuts on bolts at the corners. Getting a wrench or socket on them: Not easy at first glance.

94-Newmar: I have plenty of 3S lipos (12.6 volts dc) I can use for the exact purpose of external power. Thanks for the suggestion!

Actually, it might be best if the pump didn't run because then it's likely something else like a bad switch or wiring. One of my friends who works at Allied Recreation Group suggested it might be controlled via logic, but I kind of doubt it because of age. If it is wiring, it seems to be little trouble to wire a push button directly.

Scott
Old 08-20-2014, 02:29 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Found the problem! Thanks to 94-Newmar! No power at the connector. The lipo battery worked like charm--the pump started up. Turns out one of the leads on the connector had deteriorated. The wire simply pulled out of the connector. I restripped the wire, then recrimped the connector, reinserted it in the plug, tested, and whoopee, problem solved!

I'm happy I did not have to pull the reservoir! Prior to finding the connector problem, I did pull the engine coolant reservoir (very easy) just to get some clearance and vision.

All is well.

Thanks again!

Scott
Old 08-21-2014, 04:43 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Tags
replace, replacement