Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-04-2015, 09:09 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Windshield Shade

have a 26 he vista. would like to install a inside shade ,non electric if possible where to buy
bblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

bblack:

What I did for our Solei, since all they had for the front windshield was the MCD white night shade was to go to the local Home Depot/Lowes. I bought a 10 foot section of 1 inch hard wood dowel and a section of UV type screen. I attached the screen to the dowel with tacks/staples and cut it to length to fit across the top of channels on each side that keep the MCD shade. So I moved the MCD shade out of the channel and it hangs now on the front of the channels. I could've kept using the MCD night shade during the day, but it really darkens up the front of the coach. Now we don't use the MCD shade hardly ever. We got some curtains (3) and cut them to length from the dowel to the dash and hang them with shower curtain hangers bought from Walmart. During the day, day shade is hanging down and at night we stretch the curtains across the dowel to provide privacy. Probably invested a total of $40 and that's probably a stretch.
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:56 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

That sounds like a good solution. I have a 26HE also. My biggest problem is driving during the day and lots of light coming in. It would be nice to have a solution to block out a lot of that light.
rottenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:15 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

shades

sure wish I had picturs of you job
bblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

bblack:

send me an email at [email protected] and I'll try to send some pics. I tried to upload some pics to this website, but I think it would be easier to pull my own teeth. :-)
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblack View Post
have a 26 he vista. would like to install a inside shade ,non electric if possible where to buy

make sure what ever you pick to install dos not add more heat to the windshield

if you had wight cloth i would go back with a power shade that is wight

types can get high and hurt glued in type windshields and dry rot rubber faster
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:42 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Carefree makes a line of window visors for both front and side windows. You can get them at the PPL RV Parts Superstore's online catalog. They come in both manual and power versions. They range from around $90 to $200 depending of size and whether power or manual. I recently installed manual side visors for each side, and a couple of the power visors on the front windshield on my 27N. They really have cut down the light! The only downside is that they can rattle on rough roads. All in all a great addition!

2015 Winnebago 27N.
twjacks is offline   Reply With Quote