Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Windshield Replacement

I need to replace the driver side windshield. Does anyone know of a good company, preferably mobile, in Las Vegas, NV, that could do the work?

Nick
Journey '01
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler of california View Post
I need to replace the driver side windshield. Does anyone know of a good company, preferably mobile, in Las Vegas, NV, that could do the work?

Nick
Journey '01
I can't help you with your question, but any chance you'd take some pictures of your windshield frame while the work is in progress? I'd love to see what the frame looks like on your 2001 Journey looks like at approximately 11 model-years old.

I do know that aftermarket glass may differ from OEM, such as the color and/or height of the sun-glare band at the top. I've seen replacements that didn't match the remaining windshield, so you might want to ask about what you're getting compared to the existing glass.

I did a Google for Las Vegas, NV, and came up with plenty of listings, just not so sure about the 'mobile' part of the equation when working with huge motorhome windshields. (Someone recently had a picture posted, showing a windshield stand to lift and hold the glass up, so what you're looking for is doable.) Naturally, you'll want a clearly written warranty in case anything goes wrong.

Thank you. -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I am in Canada and I know I won't be any help to you. However, I had my passenger side windshield replaced two weeks ago on my '99 Chieftain. The glass company came and replaced the windshield in my yard. Before the glass was ordered, I had to give the numbers on the bottom right corner to them so that they could get the correct windshield match. The new one is identical to the old one and has the same numbers. The windshield frame was rust free with only a little surface rust on the two tabs at the bottom. The technicians used a rotary grinder to remove the rust and then coated the entire frame surface with a rust inhibiting black bonding agent, waited about 30 minutes and then applied the bead of cement for retaining the windshield.
Towing 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
corvettec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Try RV Glass Solutions, National, Mobile Service, Good Reputation.
RV Windshield Replacement | Recreational Vehicle Windshield Replacement and Repair | RV Glass Solutions

BTF
bigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #5

We haven't personally used them but some friends of ours were pleased with the Las Vegas branch of Nomad. They checked out the Winnie frame rust situation and determined that theirs was okay. They do not charge for mobile work.

If all you need is repair and not the entire windshield replaced, this guy is one of the best mobile windshield repair people in the Las Vegas area and has done a lot of motorhomes.
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have used RV Glass Solutions, and they will find a qualified installer in any area you want. I was completely satisfied with price and installation.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

A good mobile auto glass comapany in Las Vegas....

DAVE SIMPSON, Simpon's Glass.

The following is true: I, personally, was there

My Intruder came with the optional factory installed self removing windshield (I'll bet you did not know they offered that option.. well neither did they). The first time it started to remove itself I called my dealer, IN the greater Detroit Area and they called Guardian Glass, (Same area) who porta-powered it back in place, The wet behind the ears kid scratched hs.. er. You know, and said "Duh it wiil likely come out again" and so it did.

Somewhere between Kingman and Winslow AZ on a Friday night. No chance of getting it fixed so I strapped it in to ikeep it from coming out any more and headed to Vegas.

Called Damon, they sent me to Wheeler's RV (now Las Vegas RV) who called Dave Simpson. He took 3 days (not 30 minutes like the kid did) removed it and properly replaced it.. BUT.. he was not happy.

He, personally told me why he felt the job was not right, and what he thought it would take to do it right.. We agreed this called for a factory visit, better to do it there than try to do it at a dealer and, to make things better, I was planing on being close to the factory in the near future anyway.

He took photos, highlighted the problems and Wheelers E-mailed, Damon called me and we set it up.

I was very impressed with Dave's skill and professionalism and thus have no qualms about recommending his service.

I googled (Well yahooed as it turns out but Google turned me over to Yahoo) him for you.

Simpson's Glass in Las Vegas | Simpson's Glass (702) 360-3569 & 10300 W Charleston Blvd, #13193, Las Vegas, NV 89135 | <Automotive/Repair & Service/Glass> - Yahoo! US Local
Old 04-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Just had my windshield replaced by Southwest Auto Glass and they are connected to Safelite for these jobs and used by my insurance company. No rust found. They did the job in about 1.5 hrs tops and it looks good. Have to sit for at least a couple of days. RT, if I can figure out how to do it, I will forward some pictures.

Now on to my basement AC.

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Glad everything worked out for you. Good luck with that basement a/c as well.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Nick, glad to hear everything worked out well for you. That makes a couple of us without windshield rust issues
Towing 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
corvettec3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement