Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2016, 06:54 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Windshield mounding for Itasca 36G

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get a replacement drivers side metal windshield mounding that flew off in high winds on the expressway? Winnebago no longer makes it and they have no replacement.
Hawaii Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:56 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

The part number is 129497-06-02A
Old 10-19-2016, 07:04 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I would try calling Lichtsinn Motors parts in Forest City, IA and see if they can source it. If Winnebago no longer makes that part, maybe Lichtsinn has one or can tell you where else you can try. There is also a place near Forest City that used to specialized in discontinued Winnebago parts. Can't remember their name.

Another option would be to take the passenger side piece to a sheet metal shop and see if they can use it as a pattern to make one. It is aluminum. Any good shop should be able to duplicate it. Then you would have to get it primed and painted.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:22 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

So far I have called lichtsinn and a salvage yard. Lichtsinn couldn't help me and the salvage yard had one but it was gone. I'm guessing salvage yard is the way to go as the passenger side is a mirrored image of the driver side so I don't know if one can be fabricated from it.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:05 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii Dick View Post
So far I have called lichtsinn and a salvage yard. Lichtsinn couldn't help me and the salvage yard had one but it was gone. I'm guessing salvage yard is the way to go as the passenger side is a mirrored image of the driver side so I don't know if one can be fabricated from it.
I would certainly find a reputable metal shop/fabricator and see what they say. It is just a piece of flat aluminum with a radius in it and small bend along the leading edge. IIRC, it has 3 countersunk screw holes also. I had a 2002 Journey 36GD with same set up.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:53 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Not under warranty anymore? If it is make it Winnebago's problem.
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:41 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

It's an 06, not a 16 like yours so no warranty.

Tags
itasca