Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #21
Winnie-Wise

I am a little late to post this but we are all sealed up.

Even with driving in the pouring rain we had last Thursday we were dry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3435164168.png
Views:	187
Size:	587.5 KB
ID:	9996  
Old 05-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

you should replace your windshield seal could be bad. here in auto repair you can look HOW To and DIY instruction on how to replace them.
jdaniels1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
you should replace your windshield seal could be bad. here in auto repair you can look HOW To and DIY instruction on how to replace them.
I looked at the linked site, didn't find "windshield seal replacement", but seriously doubt it would relate much to a modern Winnebago. As the above discussion indicates in both words and pictures, Winnebago windshield leaks occur due to rusted metal on the frame the glass is glued into. The rubber is just an external weatherstrip, and not attached like the windshield rubber on any car I have ever seen. Removing/replacing the rubber would not take any special instruction or tools.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:00 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

My '84 Jeep CJ7 uses a rubber windshield seal as it has flat glass, but beyond that, you don't see rubber seals much anymore on windshields. Today, most windshields are a structural component of a vehicle.That being said, the install guy that fixed mine said some older MH's do have a rubber seal.

And replacing glass with a rubber seal is not easy, an install guy broke the new glass in my jeep while replacing it, had to reorder.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote