Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2017, 04:28 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Windshield leaking

Our new to us windshield is dripping water at the center of it. I tried putting a piece of tape across the rubber seal at the top , but didnt stop it. Anyone have any ideas as this a new unit to us? Maybe the light across the top? Any suggestions
Old 11-08-2017, 06:52 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Our 2003 Adventurer leaked at the windshield and from the marker lights above. Our marker lights are recessed into the front cap. Previous owner sealed all the way around them with silicone. Which meant any water that got in at top couldn't drain out the bottom and eventually backed up through the wiring hole to the interior. They don't make replacement gaskets so I made new ones from some EDPM weather stripping from HD. Made sure to leave an opening at the bottom center like the originals. That solved that issue.

Tried multiple times to seal up windshield with no luck. Last attempt I bought a roll of 3M emblem/trim adhesive. Adhesive on both sides of a soft rubber like tape. I attached it to the top edge of the rubber trim piece that covers top of windshield. Installed trim and pressed it firmly onto the cap. That solved that leak. It's seen plenty of rain since then and I haven't seen any water leaks.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:37 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Two sources are the lights above and roof seam caulking where the main roof joins the front cap along with where it transitions to the sidewalls and along the awning rails running down both sides of the coach. If the caulking fails water will follow the framing to the front roll cage and drip down the windshield. Many owners mess up by using a silicon or other hardware store window caulks instead of the Manus Bond specified by Winnebago,
Old 11-09-2017, 04:15 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Leak

Thanks guys ,the caulking up top looked great, so I guess it has to be the lights

Tags
leak