Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2006, 04:32 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Thanks inchn2go, you don't have to agree with me and it's not with in the sprit of this forums original intent to chastise someone when they've had more problems with their coach then most.

Now I have to go out and replace the water heater pop-off valve. It keeps leaking and shorting out the thermistor so the heater doesn't work.

Driver must have it in for me, some how things keep breaking so I can fix and write about them. HA HA It sure can make good press, which keeps this forum alive.

And I'm not who you think I am!

I'll close with a strong point of positive information, the FreightLiner Chassis is great, the Cat engine purres and the Allison shifts like a dream. All in all the chassis is the shinning light in this product, and I thank God for that.

RADARR
Old 01-20-2006, 08:00 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Now I have to go out and replace the water heater pop-off valve. It keeps leaking and shorting out the thermistor so the heater doesn't work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before replacing the pop off safety valve. Restore the air head space in your tank. Instructions are in your manuals.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 02:21 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Tom, What happens when the air leaks out the hole the water is leaking out. I'm not being a smarta**. I really don't understand this but I've seen it mentioned countless times on other forums etc. I must be missing something.

I don't mean to hijack Uncle Larry's thread but it seems to have run it's course. For the record, I support DriVer. I've been in his shoes and it ain't easy.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 03:54 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

The pop off valve can leak when there is no "air head" space for expansion. With no air in the tank there is no room for the expanding water to go except leak out the pop off valve. That is why a head space contain air is needed and must be maintained. The air will compress as the water warms, water will not.

Again, the procedure is in the manual.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 06:46 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Hey Tom, I also thank you. I forgot all about the head space. Just incase some of the people at this forum don't have the manual, can you copy it for them? I'm lucky the guys at Attwood gave me extra thermistors (thermo fuses)or my darling wife would not have her hot water.

It sure is strange how this topic went from shade strings to a pop off valve for a water heater. But thats how our experiences with our coach has been, whether some care to believe it or not. Nothing would please us more if these things never happened at all, but as they do, they are unexpected surprises that we're not accustom too. I keep all of my equipement in like new condition and I don't do things half ashed, so I don't take these surprises lightly, nor should we have too.

radarr
Old 08-03-2006, 12:35 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

I just re-strung the day/night shade above the rest-easy sofa on our 2004 Meridian. For those wishing to do this I found the cord at Jo-Ann's fabric shop. The cause of all the fraying was some poorly trained worker installing the little nylon inserts in backwards, therefore causing the cord to rub over jagged burrs on the drilled holes. Using the old cords to determine the length of the new ones and the cord threaded throuogh a large sewing needle to find it's way through the folded shades, the job was rather easy. I found a diagram of how the cords are routed on one of the RV forums.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:12 PM   #27
Winnie-Wise

We have had 5 yes 5 break in less than 2 years. 2 replaced under warranty, 1 which broke. They all have burrs on. We found someone in a campground who restrung the 3 latest. We had our 2000 Adventurer for 4 1/2 years with never a problem. Of course it had the light blinds that you can see thru.I can identify with Radarr's venting as after the last few months, I kinda wish we had our Adventurer back.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:16 PM   #28
GG1
Winnie-Wise

It takes me about 40 minutes for the large windows and 20 for the small ones. I have had to re string every one in the coach. Now they all work better than new. I wish it was only the shades that stopped working. I have resigned myself to the fact that there is always something that is not working properly. Just like us.//////Walmart carries the cord #2 polyester $4.95, I think the company name is Wright.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:34 PM   #29
Winnebago Watcher

You can order the cord with instructions from http://www.fixmyblinds.com I have ordered the cord and repaired several blinds. Takes a little time and understanding the cord route. I didn't remove the old broken cord until I had routed the new cord.
sadecoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Go to Michael's or Joanne's craft store. Buy some 2.0 mm braided cord. Remove the sharp edges inside the shade (that's what causes the problem) and install the braided cord. It will last a LONG time! I have done many of them. I don't remember offhand how much cord to buy. Just take it apart, there are 4 cords inside. Buy enough to have some left over. Good luck!
jm828 is offline   Reply With Quote