Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Window Rattling

The sliding window beside the drivers seat has started rattling. It seems as though the sliding pane rattles from side to side. Anyone else have this problem and if so how did you fix it? The motorhome is a 2012 Sightseer 33C. Who makes the windows? Thanks in advance
ROMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Mine has the same issue. Its at dealer now for other issue and I forgot to mention it. I would like to know too..
Old 02-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

yup...my 2013 Vista 30T does the same thing! I tried removing the screen,and I think that made it worse...not sure if much can be done about it really...although,it does seem to be more prevalent on the drivers side,co-pilots window is not bad.
tomrx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

They all do this. don't worry about it. Pretty soon another rattle will take its place in your consciousness and you'll worry about it until another rattle takes its place.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Had that on previous rig. Wedged a common match book in it.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:59 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Ours also, especially with a wind from the front left. I had this same type window on my 2003 Adventurere, never this kind of noise. I think the difference is this on is single pane vs double pane.

I recorded our noise on our way here to the factory. Northbound on I35, cruise set at 65 mph, north of Des Moines, with strong NW winds.

I played it for the tech, we will see if they can do anything about it.

I can feel the glass vibrate with my fingers. One problem is the latch does not hold the panes together, only keeps the sliding pane in place.

This noise wouldn't bother me if I used the coach for weekend trips, but we fulltime and move around alot, 9k miles in 11 months already. This noise is really irritating during 6 hr travel days.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I had noisey pass and dr side windows and I had them fixed at Forest City. Was told(not allowed in Winnebago's shop area) that they remove the windows and add a sealing strip to eliminate contact of the window frame and the wall material in the inside wall. It did help quite a bit. If having it done a the dealership, make sure that the tech has done a few and have the insolator material on hand. I know not everyone can take advantage of the plants service, but if you plan to be near, it is a pleasant experience. Appointments highly suggested.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghutch View Post
I had noisey pass and dr side windows and I had them fixed at Forest City. Was told(not allowed in Winnebago's shop area) that they remove the windows and add a sealing strip to eliminate contact of the window frame and the wall material in the inside wall. It did help quite a bit. If having it done a the dealership, make sure that the tech has done a few and have the insolator material on hand. I know not everyone can take advantage of the plants service, but if you plan to be near, it is a pleasant experience. Appointments highly suggested.
Does the MH have to be under warranty to have repairs made in Forest City?

I, too, have windows that rattle quite a bit. I would love to stop in Forest City to have repairs done properly, but won't be able to be in the area until several months "out of warranty".
LadyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghutch View Post
Hmmm.....that sounds about right. The rattle I hear does come from the top of the window and that makes sense. I thought about that and wondered if the frame itself was not hitting something like the wallboard...Good to know...
Old 03-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

You don't have to be under warranty to have work done at the factory.

If you can get the rattle documented by a dealer then chances are good the factory will repair as if you are still in warranty if the dealer can't. But best to talk to Customer service to verify.

I recorded my noise and let the tech hear it.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
Does the MH have to be under warranty to have repairs made in Forest City?

I, too, have windows that rattle quite a bit. I would love to stop in Forest City to have repairs done properly, but won't be able to be in the area until several months "out of warranty".
It's my understanding that any Winnebago product can be serviced at their service center. Warranty or customer pay. When you call, you will be assigned a service advisor. You can discuss any issue or concern and set up an appointment. You can arrive and sign up for a "will call"
apt, but the center is very busy, especially during prime months, and appointments are recommended. Could be a month out when they are busy. Great people and our visit was a pleasant experience. You turn in your coach at 7:00AM and you MUST be back by 3:00PM. They do have a waiting room as well. Overnight parking is available with elect hookups only when an apt is setup.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window