Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Wind Shield Wiper Motor Replacement

I have been dealing with crazy wipers since I bought this unit. First, the wipers seldom work on the delay mode. Second when I have them on a regular mode they are very jumpy as the move. Third, the driver's side wiper travels past the edge of the window when they are running. And finally, when I turn the switch off the blades simply stop where ever they happen to be within the cycle. They do not reset to the start position. How difficult is it to replace the motor and do I need to replace the dash switch as well?

300 HP Cat Diesel
GaDawgFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Based on my experience with cars, it is probably the motor assembly. There is a "gear" box on the motor. Generally when you replace the motor, the gear box is part of it. I would guess that if you open the front "hood" the motor is probably right there toward the center. Think it would be easy to replace. Motor is probably from a Ford or GM product that should be easy to source at auto parts store.
Have not had to replace one on a motorhome - just going off experience with cars/pickups.
Michael
Old 01-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Your diesel rig may be different than my gas Suncruiser but I replaced my motor easily. I ordered it from Lichtsinn Motors and it only took three bolts to replace it. It took me about 10 minutes.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We had a mobile tech replace ours, and he claimed that part had to be a Winnie part, not a gm part. We went with his statement, but continued to wonder if the part had to be Winnie, thus OEM vs cheaper generic replacement. Upon arriving home, we researched and found that this part is indeed Winnie. We've found that to be the case with other repair parts which seem logically to be chassis, not house parts. We've also replaced the windshield washer motor as well, and that is also Winnie.

Janjanjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:08 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

The windshield wiper motor on my Suncruiser came from a Blue Bird school bus.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

You are not alone with wiper problems. W changed out the gear box under warranty. But I check the bolts that hold the gear box in place and I have found them to "wiggle loose" after some serious rain storms. They are a pain to work on but important to keep an eye on.

Phil
Old 01-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Wipers

Mine got out of time, loose nut on wiper motor. Check all your nuts on motor and arms. Running wipers on dry windshield will possibbly cause them to get loose. Hope this helps. Dan
danwes is offline   Reply With Quote