Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
I looked through postings about wind noise, but didn't find an answer to this problem. My passenger side window - the stationary part that doesn't slide - has really loud wind noise coming from the bottom front corner. What do I use to seal this? Thanks bunches!!
Old 09-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to GraciesMom Send a message via Yahoo to GraciesMom
I looked through postings about wind noise, but didn't find an answer to this problem. My passenger side window - the stationary part that doesn't slide - has really loud wind noise coming from the bottom front corner. What do I use to seal this? Thanks bunches!!
Old 09-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Sometimes its wind comming around the mirrors and into the window weep holes. Easy to test by taping up the weep holes. It fixed the noise on my drivers window. Might be worth a try.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I had a wind from my windows. What I found was on the outside frame you will see slots in the frame. What they do is let the moister that come of the window drain out. Winnabgo have weep hole cover that goes over them. Those slots will let the wind come in if you do not have this covers. There are right and left one. Part #125582-01-708 RH & 125582-010709 LH weep hole covers. Check and see if you have these covers.
Randy Chesnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I put some plumbers putty kind of stuff in the weep holes and it solved the problem. Somewhere, maybe on the other forum, this was dscussed and and, if I remember right, a slight adjustment of the mirror solved the issue permanently.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:18 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Before you start squirting gobs of putty and sealant, it would be better to take some masking tape and seal the seam first to see if that helps. If not, try another spot. Once you locate the air leak/noise, use the sealant sparingly.

Ken
Old 09-08-2008, 03:19 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Plumbers putty was a poor choice of words...what I was trying to say was the stuff on rolls that is sold in Lowes etc for plugging window cracks etc for insulation purposes. It is easily removed...but you're right, tape would do the same thing. I knew this was the problem because DW traced it down while under way. Gotta get some of those clips from Winnie that were mentioned.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:36 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I had the same problem. A tech put a small piece of black electric tape over the hole, worked great no more noise and you can remove the tape anytime.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:57 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I personally wouldnt block the weep holes up.They are there for a reason.If water does get in,or even just condensation the window is designed to channel water through these holes.Instead get the covers or something else to deflect the wind.With all the other squeaks and rattle that come with a house on wheels,I decided the best remedy is turning the music up.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:12 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Frankie is 100% right...DO NOT BLOCK THE WEEP HOLES if you want delamination go and do it. The noise is probably coming from the mirror, move it a little and see what happens.....

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:34 AM   #11
I helped | retired moderator

Us Newmar owners frequently use black electrical tape to block all but one weep hole on each window.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Hi GraciesMom,
I think you get the idea that the weep holes are causing the noise. My first coach (1978) had these holes and an "old timer" mentioned what Dirk posted. Tape all but the last hole. One can buy the weep hole cover for the hole you do not tape over. Keep the inside tracks clear of debris. If you have a problem with condensation remove the tape, during that time.
I was surprised, in 2005, I purchased my current coach and the windows were the same weep hole design as the 1978 coach! The wind noise was there! Taped all but the last hole. Wind noise gone.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

I wonder if the mfg brand name of the windows make any difference?? Mine are Atwood. I found the weep hole covers on the driver side window but no others. Have never noticed any excessive noise from any window.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:19 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Time of the year is a factor also. I don't "block" mine in he winter because condensation is bad...in the summer,I block the one that whistles (pax side). But, I'm going to order the Winnie solution things.