Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-14-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Wind Noise

My new 2010 Winnebago Adventurer 37F has a loud wind noise at both driver and passenger side. It starts at 30 MPH and gets louder with speed. It sounds like someone has a window open on each side. It sounds like wind noise from a lousy installation of the windshield. Does anyone else have this problem?
Moosemuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:02 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I had the same problem on my '05 Horizon. It was caused by the drain openings in the window channel. I removed the plastic covers over the first two drain openings from the front and just covered them with some electrical tape. It took care of the wind noise. I remove the tape when I park so that the window channel is able to drain again should it rain. I haven't found a good permanent solution for this problem yet..
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I have the same problem. Once, I pulled the mirror head flat against the side wall and closed the window - no noise! Have adjusted the mirror and head to various angles but cannot make the noise go away.

Perhaps you'll have better luck.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

My '02 Suncruiser plays a 1-note tune depending on wind/direction of travel/etc. Speed makes no difference from ~15MPH up! Same pitch and intensity. It seems to be coming from the top front (perhaps the top lights?). Any suggestions?

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I drove my parents 2001 Minnie Winnie cross country. My mom would drive for a couple of hours while I took a nap on the couch directly behind the driver.

I couldn't stand the this resonating wind noise that was quite loud from the couch area and not so loud in the drivers seat (but you could hear it there too).

What I found thru many days of trial and error, was the front arm of the A&E window awning was generating the tune. I put a block of 1x2.5x16 inch styrofoam inside the c-channel of the arm. The noise was gone for good!

Merry Christmas,
Bill
Old 12-17-2009, 07:56 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

wind noise

I believe the height has some thing to do with the wind noise. We just took a maiden trip from Ohio to S.C. We have a 2010 adv.which is higher than our previous rigs. I too noticed the wind noise, but noticed that when we went thru the tunnels on I.77 the noise disappeared,I think it may be crosswinds causing the noise. If somebody has afix for that please post it.
lakewoodpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Harry B nailed my problem. When we left the east coast for AZ I put black tape over all weep holes in the driver and passenger side windows. This stopped the loud wind noise and we could talk without screaming. We pulled the tape before it would rain. Not sure of a permanent fix but I will continue looking for something better than tape.
Moosemuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

I have an 08 Adventurer Limited and had a noise problem on a trip a couple of months ago. Found that the sound on my rear camera had gotten turned up. Boy what a noise at any speed over 20 mph. Just a thought as another thing to check.
oldcrowlarry is offline   Reply With Quote