Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2007, 04:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">....turn around all the way so you can face the people in the sitting area ?? We are having a nasty rain day and are cooped up in here with our 3 kids plus two of their friends and our dog. It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have the dogs crate between the two front seats. With that there, the only way to use the chairs is if we can turn them all the way around </span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:40 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">....turn around all the way so you can face the people in the sitting area ?? We are having a nasty rain day and are cooped up in here with our 3 kids plus two of their friends and our dog. It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have the dogs crate between the two front seats. With that there, the only way to use the chairs is if we can turn them all the way around </span>

Old 05-26-2007, 05:00 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Does it turn around at all? Is it hitting the steering wheel?

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:26 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Nothing is easy....The Driver and Navigator seats do turn around in most M.H. but not easy.
Sit in a seat and reach down to the side of the seat. There are a couple of adjustment tabs. One controls the forward and back movement and the other controls the around movement. You may have to pull on the lever that allows the back rest to move up and down but you should be able to spin the seat around, with coordination of all the different levers. Your steering wheel may need to be adjusted to it's most forward position as well.
Nothing is easy.
Have fun.
Good Luck

Full Time 2003 Journey DL
CaptChet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:33 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Double check your coach's instruction manual. Mine has a section that explains the steps to make the seats face rearward.

I might add that I only rotate my seats 90 degrees, which is enough. At 90 degrees the driver's seat leans a little to the right. I guess because the pedestal is on an angle. Works for us tho.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:45 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

On my Sightseer there is no way to get the drivers seat all the way around. Close but not completely.
To get it close, I have to run the seat all the way back, tip the back forward and tip the steering wheel all the way up. Even then it's only at about 145 degrees instead of 180 degrees.

I guess they have to keep the seat from coming back any farther to prevent the slide from hitting it when it comes in.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:39 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We also have a Sightseer 35J and because the steering wheel obstructs can not get the drivers seat to turn more than 45 deg. To overcome this and make it a usable space in the camper, we purchased an unfinished tabletop from Home Depot (think its close to 24" in diameter), painted it and put hooks on the back side so it hangs on the steering wheel. This makes a great drawing table for the kids and their own space. Open the front shade and challenge who can create the best drawing of the camper across from you.
dakotabuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:22 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

We also have a Sightseer, but ours is a 29R. This what works in ours: Tilt the steering wheel all the way up. Slide the seat all the way FORWARD (toward the steering wheel), Lower the left arm rest, tilt the seat back as far forward as it will go. Raise the lever for rotating the seat (on ours it is the one nearest the front) and rotate the chair. The chair will rotate all the way around, even with the living room slide in.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:24 PM   #9

Our driver's seat back hits the steering wheel.....
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:14 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We also have a Sightseer, but ours is a 29R. This what works in ours: Tilt the steering wheel all the way up. Slide the seat all the way FORWARD (toward the steering wheel), Lower the left arm rest, tilt the seat back as far forward as it will go. Raise the lever for rotating the seat (on ours it is the one nearest the front) and rotate the chair. The chair will rotate all the way around, even with the living room slide in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">That worked !! On my gosh...thanks so much. I never thought to push the seat all the way forward </span>

Old 05-26-2007, 05:21 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

You are very welcome. It took me quite some time to figure it out too.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 06:45 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I have a 35 foot Voyage with a driver's side door and the problem I have is that the seat hits the door assist bar when it swivels.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:10 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

It works great, A genious among us. Thanks Chas. and thanks Shannone for asking the question.
jimo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:39 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChasA:
We also have a Sightseer, but ours is a 29R. This what works in ours: Tilt the steering wheel all the way up. Slide the seat all the way FORWARD (toward the steering wheel), Lower the left arm rest, tilt the seat back as far forward as it will go. Raise the lever for rotating the seat (on ours it is the one nearest the front) and rotate the chair. The chair will rotate all the way around, even with the living room slide in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!
dakotabuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 02:59 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

We have a different model MH, but have never been able to completely rotate the seat. It goes about 110 degrees, which can used to look into the coach, but the steering wheel hangs over the arm rest, making it not completely comfy. We removed the assist bar, thinking that would help, but it didn't, although it did give us a bit more turn.

I never thought to move the seat forward! Will have to give that a try..

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 03:26 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChasA:
We also have a Sightseer, but ours is a 29R. This what works in ours: Tilt the steering wheel all the way up. Slide the seat all the way FORWARD (toward the steering wheel), Lower the left arm rest, tilt the seat back as far forward as it will go. Raise the lever for rotating the seat (on ours it is the one nearest the front) and rotate the chair. The chair will rotate all the way around, even with the living room slide in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really don't appreciate your post one bit. On our last trip my wife wanted to turn our seat around and I told her it was impossible. Now I have to eat my words.

But thanks because we will enjoy our RV more in the long run.

JD

JD & Kathy
JD Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:36 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

When I said I can't turn my seat all the way around, that was not completely accurate.

It can be turned around, but when sitting in it you are leaning so far forward that it isn't useable.
Moving the seat forward before turning it makes the seat tilt even worse.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:17 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

I was complaining about that VERY THING this weekend! Luckily, I just happened to read your post and my coach was out front. It worked! I feel like I've found the fountain of youth...but better! Thanks!

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
jasonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:37 PM   #19
Winnie-Wise

Humm I need to go try this now!

Thanks for the tip.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:16 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I'm so glad I brought this up and Chas was able to make all of our weekends a little better I hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend as much as I did.</span>