Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2014, 06:42 PM   #41
Winnie-Wise

We purchased our Winnebago in Forest City. Drove it home and found there was oil on the ground from the leveling system. Called around locally to get it looked at but the earliest anyone could look at it was a couple months.

Called our dealer and they said when would we like to bring it in. We had a few things I was going to take care of so we added them to the list and headed off to Forest City.

Tech idenitified the problem was more than a loose connection. Dealer called Lippert rep and after some testing they determined there was an issue with the jacks and they should be replaced. WBO did not have jacks in parts stock so took them out of the production line.

Great experience with Lichtsinn service and staff. Lovely customer lounge, coffee and cookies. Stayed in the RV each night with free parking. Staff dumped the tanks and filled the water tank.

As I told the staff "I hope I never see any of you again at this location". But if I have a problem I look forward to being treated like we were - part of the family.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #42
Winnebago Master

Off topic;
As an aside, my wife's name is Lin. Small world.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:22 AM   #43
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAndLin View Post
Lots of good information about the models you have chosen and the reasons you have chosen that model that made it 'the one' for you, but I have a more basic question for you all...

Why did you choose a Winnebago over all the others out there? What kept bringing you back to this manufacturer?

My thanks!

Lindsay
Reputation. In business for many, many years. Freightliner chassis, Allison transmission, Cummins engine. Floorplan. Thought we were buying quality; should have done more research.

Thel and Bob
TGarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:57 AM   #44
Winnebago Camper

Just happened upon this thread, as you can see I don't have a Winnebago. Someone mentioned the higher price for the Winnebagos. Not familiar with their floorplans, but has anyone compared these to Newmar? If you are looking for higher quality, I don't think you can do better at a reasonable price.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:12 AM   #45
Winnebago Camper

We have been very happy with the three Winnebago's we've owned. Better basic design and quality than the other brands we owned. I think its a complete product failure if you have to take anything back to the factory where it was built.
Arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:56 AM   #46
Winnebago Owner

For us, the floorplan. As it turned out- after years of ownership we found it holds up great. Company support is a real plus. If you do much looking around you'll find Newmar has the most floorplan choices of any motorhome mfr within any model run. This is really the only other viable choice in my opinion.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:13 AM   #47
Winnebago Camper

There are two different brands that I am looking at. One is the Adventurer and the other is the Newmar Canyon Star. The Winnebago is $15,000 higher than the Newmar. Unless the Winnie dealer gives a bigger discount my business will to to Newmar. I do like the Winnie floorplan a little better, but not for $15,000+.

I even had a Winnie dealer tell me why he has no Adventurer's models on his lot. His response was they are priced to high.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:24 AM   #48
Winnebago Watcher

We loved the layout and features of the Winnebagos, Dealer is close and has always taking care of us in the past.
Decpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:29 PM   #49
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
There are two different brands that I am looking at. One is the Adventurer and the other is the Newmar Canyon Star. The Winnebago is $15,000 higher than the Newmar. Unless the Winnie dealer gives a bigger discount my business will to to Newmar. I do like the Winnie floorplan a little better, but not for $15,000+.

I even had a Winnie dealer tell me why he has no Adventurer's models on his lot. His response was they are priced to high.
Check out Lichtsinn. IMO a good dealer.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:44 PM   #50
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
+1. We made the round trip from Michigan to get our new motorhome.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:23 PM   #51
JBP
Winnie-Wise

I just traded my 2006 Itasca Meridian 36 in for a 2014 35K Fleetwood Bounder. I just returned from a 2300 mile trip out west. highest pass was 10500 ft.
I have run the Smoky Mountains with the Meridian. Power is similar. The DP had 340 hp and the gas has 362 hp.
The gas has the tow/hall for going down hill. This is very helpful but does not really do as good a job as the exhaust brake.
We changed for the same reason that you talked about. We get two bath rooms and a king bed. they both had 2 push outs. The main one was in the living area and the other in the bed room.
Storage under floor was about the same.
DP rides a little better and is not as noisy. But I have learned how to keep the gas in 4 and 5 gear. Noise is alright then.
The cross wind in the DP was a little better than the gas. The gas max out at 22000 and the DP at 28000.
Both have new Michelin 22.5 tires.
I pulled a Jeep Wrangler 2 door with both.
I looked at the new DP. Meridian was 240000 and the Solia was 167000. The bounder used with 5000 miles and still in warranty was 106000.
The price closed the deal for us.
Gas milage in the meridian DP was about 8.5 to 9 at 60 to 65 MPH. The gas mileage in the gas is about 5.5 to 6.5 at the same speeds. The cost between fuels makes this even to me.
Hope this helps.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #52
Winnie-Wise

Reubenray,
Well I guess I will put my 2 cents in and think the Adventuer is built better than the CS and the overall quality is also better in the Winnebago.

I have an Adventurer and the workmanship in the different items in the motorhome are great. Also WBGO makes their own components other than the appliances, etc. They also have a great team of service advisors that will walk you thru any problems you may have plus you can get wiring diagrams, plumbing diagrams and parts list for your coach on line.

Why not take a trip to Forest City with your Tiffin and take the factory tour then go 1 mile away to Lichtsinn Motors and buy your Adventurer.

Lastly take a look at the compartment floors between the 2 coaches and the fact they the compartments are not heated in the CS.

If I were you I'd check them both out and then would go with the Adventurer.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #53
Winnebago Camper

Thumbs up Why we bought Winnebagos

1. Affordability for what you get.
2. Exterior looks.
3. Interior layout, fit and finish.
4. Dealer, factory and aftermarket support.
5. Name recognition.
6. Resale value.
7. Commrodery within the Winnebago owners family.

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #54
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
I checked out Lichtsinn and do they really expect people to buy from them with no discounts off of the MSRP. The below link explains this. I like the floorplans of the Adventurer 37F, but so far I have not found a deal for it.

New 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q Motor Home Class A at Lichtsinn Motors Forest City Iowa Lichtsinn Motors
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:07 AM   #55

We have a 2014 Winnebago Adventurer 37F and it has been a nightmare. Been in the dealers shop for over 9 weeks combined over two warranty repairs service visits with 23 items on our list during the last visit alone. We set up another appointment for January in anticipation of more problems before our warranty runs out and sure enough, during our 10 day northern Georgia Zip line trip last week, we now have a list of 13 more items, 3 of which are dealer do overs. And we are not talking about minor issues either...problems with two of three slides, the wrong AC unit installed at the factory. Still ongoing issues with the leveling jacks, wallpaper peeling off the wall, spaces in the floor tile where you can see the plywood underneath, entry door that needed to be slammed to close and opened while driving, switch that raises the TV does not work, couch not secured to the floor beams, just through the plywood and came loose while being used as a second bed, slide gasket falling out, microwave top trim board fell out during a trip. I could go on and on...Any talk about Winnebago having higher quality standards is BS. Even the dealers service manager acknowledged that Winnebago expects its dealer network to resolve is poor construction problems. We traded a 2012 Forest River Georgetown 378 for this unit and the 378 had 1/4 of the problems our 37F had/has. Some have suggested bringing it to the factory saying they will fix everything, really? Bring it 1240 miles to the same people who built it poorly in the first place?? I know it is a different line but a 7 or so miles to the gallon, will they pay for gas?? I have NO confidence in Winnebago and urge people considering them to read the blogs of Winnebago and other manufacturers before committing to what should be a premium unit. The adventurer line is supposed to be Winnebago's flagship gas unit...hardly! the real issue is confidence..will the slides work like they should? Will they retract? Will the leveling jacks fully retract? Will the fridge switch to gas when the power goes out automatically? these are all problems we have or still have and the answer is " We don't know" and that is the worst feeling when you are miles from home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140909_131915.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	78402   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141101_122442.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	436.9 KB
ID:	78403  

Name:	IMG_0962.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	78404   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1026.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	275.6 KB
ID:	78405  

Name:	20141106_111324.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	78406   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141106_111500.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	78407  

Name:	20141106_111652.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	78408   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141106_111434.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	78409  

raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:17 AM   #56
Winnebago Camper

OMG what a nightmare. It's amazing how some people posting love their 2014 models and others are coming out with problem child's. I would have to say consistency in the manufacturing process needs to be looked at.

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #57
Winnebago Camper

Tom - not just 2014 - members of our Goodsams Club- have 2013 and 2014 Adventurer 37F models and both seem to have on going problems - Slides; hydralics; and various electrical. Dave
Old 11-07-2014, 03:37 PM   #58
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I checked out Lichtsinn and do they really expect people to buy from them with no discounts off of the MSRP. The below link explains this. I like the floorplans of the Adventurer 37F, but so far I have not found a deal for it.

New 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q Motor Home Class A at Lichtsinn Motors Forest City Iowa Lichtsinn Motors
You have to talk to them. It seemed to me that the price they show after cash or trade is about what we paid cash for our unit.

They have an 800 number so there is no risk to you to ask.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:27 AM   #59
Winnebago Watcher

Just ordered a new Forza. Our last coach was a National Sea Breeze and we really enjoyed it but we wanted to get one more coach yet and checked out every brand. What we found is Winnebago is a motorhome manufacturer and the rest are all motor home assemblers. Looking forward to getting our new coach in December
BBSTM8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:46 AM   #60
Winnebago Watcher

X2 BBSTM8R...we started out with a TT, then 5R...wife did a study...Wiinebago is only company that has not been sold, went bankrupt..nuff said
We are the proud owners of a 2015 vista 38Y, and are satisfied with it and the service from Beckley's RV.
Had a few issues and were quickly resolved.
Walt868 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago