Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-27-2015, 12:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Where's my OBD II port

I know this has been asked of other models before but I can't locate my OBD port on my 2010 Itasca Suncruiser. I have a scan gauge to hook up but can't find the port. I know it's under the dash someplace but can't locate it. I called Winnebago service and he said it is in a wire loom up under the dash tied up. He said it isn't a fixed plug but on a wire loom. All I can do is feel round up under there but have had no luck yet. Can anyone give me a hint?

Craig and Joan
2010 Itasca Suncrusier, 2014 CRV toad
Old 01-27-2015, 07:27 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwj212 View Post
I know this has been asked of other models before but I can't locate my OBD port on my 2010 Itasca Suncruiser. I have a scan gauge to hook up but can't find the port. I know it's under the dash someplace but can't locate it. I called Winnebago service and he said it is in a wire loom up under the dash tied up. He said it isn't a fixed plug but on a wire loom. All I can do is feel round up under there but have had no luck yet. Can anyone give me a hint?

Craig and Joan
Borrow your wifes hand mirror, then use a flashlight to mirror it's light up under the dash. This allows you to see up behind the dash. Most are on the left/port side of steering column somewhere. Of course, now you have both hands occupied and can't free it from what's holding it up there, but at least you can hopefully find it.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:29 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:

Craig and Joan
IF you have a Workhorse chassis, the OBD II port is between the PB release handle and the steering column and just forward of the edge of the dash. It may have a rubber cap, and it is a small trapezoid shape. It is hardmounted, not hanging from a wire loom as you were told by somebody that apparently does not know much.
There is a round plug with a cap very near to the OBD ll.

It is directly in front of your left knee, when seated in the driving position.

If you are on a Ford F53 chassis, none of the above may apply.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:01 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I have a Ford. Should have mentioned that.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:37 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I have a Ford. Should have mentioned that.
In that case, why not seek answer in the Ford chassis forum. You can ask the mods to MOVE this thread there.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:37 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

On ours I ended up removing the shroud that covers the steering column. Once I found the port I don't think I could have plugged into it without removing the shroud.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:18 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippo View Post
On ours I ended up removing the shroud that covers the steering column. Once I found the port I don't think I could have plugged into it without removing the shroud.

I removed the shroud but still can't find it. It's gotta be there someplace!
Old 02-03-2015, 09:25 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I finally found my OBD port. It is on the right side of the steering column in a fixed location. Winnebago told me to look on the left side and that it was not fixed but tied up in a bundle of wires.

Craig and Joan
Old 08-16-2021, 05:55 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

2013 Sightseer

Found my ODB2 port just to the left of steering column. Was black, mounted, pointing downward,and had a cap on it. Easy peasy once I found it.
Daisydriver is offline   Reply With Quote