Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Where do you park your Winne?

We are lucky (actually blessed) to have a great place to park the rig. Our lake subdivision is built on a former campground and the HOA has allowed me to park/store my rig in an area where homeowners store their boats and trailers. My coach is only about 150 yds from my house. I was allowed to install a 70 amp electrical service so I can keep the coach connected to shore power. Surely, I'd love to have a pole barn or other cover for the coach but no complaints. As you can see from the pic, it almost looks like a campsite. In fact, one of the trees near my coach has a small metal sign with #53 on it. I often go to the rig, open the windows, and just sit there enjoying the peace and quiet, listening to the breezes in the trees, and watching for the many deer that frequent the area.

So, where do some of the other owners here park their rig?

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have a sideyard access at my stick house. Not many homes in our area have the sideyard access and the City has a beef with those RVer's who leave their rigs out front of their homes. Mine is behind a fence and have no City hassels. It is nice to be able to go to the MH any time and tinker, maintain or just set and enjoy it.
Dunnpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Our half acre lot in Los Angeles permits us to pull the RV up next to the house. This has some limitations. 39.6inches max, must have mid entry. If I drop a plumb line from the ladder it just misses the sidewalk if the rig is parked correctly. To date we have been lucky and have not received a complaint, but in LA you never know. It is one of the problems (fears) associated with the RV lifestyle.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I rent ...

I rent a 13 x 50 garage ...

Storage garage
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

i rent an outside paved area in a well lit and high security storage facility. I have looked in my area for at least a covered facility, nothing available. indoor garages are about $300plus a month. OUCH
majfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:27 PM   #6
GG1
Winnie-Wise

I used to park it next to my house in our driveway when we lived on an acre lot. Now it goes in a strorage yard away from trees, within the adult community we live in, Jan-May at various locations in Florida, Sept-Oct various locations in Vermont and Maine, unfortunately never inside,,,,,,hey Smlranger watch out for those trees they will a job on your coach.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

In our attached garage. 50 amp, water, sewer. I can open both slides and the awning. SO nice to have it out of the weather. Packing and working on it is a breeze.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
70 amp electrical service
?????

We park it wherever we happen to be at the time !!

When we (the DW) decide we have to have a stick house (likely somewhere in East Texas), we will either get a place with covered parking or will get a place where we can put up a hard cover of some kind.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:22 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG1 View Post
I used to park it next to my house in our driveway when we lived on an acre lot. Now it goes in a strorage yard away from trees, within the adult community we live in, Jan-May at various locations in Florida, Sept-Oct various locations in Vermont and Maine, unfortunately never inside,,,,,,hey Smlranger watch out for those trees they will a job on your coach.

Yes, the trees are a mixed blessing. While they provide shade from the sun in the summer, they leave nasty droppings on the rig. I keep an eye on any branches that look like they might fall but there is always a risk.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

A nice 68' long garage with full hook up inside.
Before that a 55' car/rv port.
Before that a 30'x40' pole barn.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:54 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Keep ours in my 45x50 shop next to our house. It is so nice to stay hooked up all the time.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:59 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

We park ours behind our house. We have a corner lot. I put in a 16' sliding gate in the side fence and drive in from the side street. I hope to put in a 50 amp electric service this winter. It is great to be able to go into and work on the coach any time you want. When we moved here 4 years ago, one requirement given to the real estate agent was that we needed to be able to park the coach on the property. That eliminated most communities with deed restrictions.
wlf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:55 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Gary;

I love your picture. It looks so peaceful. I can understand why you like to just sit in it and relax. Bev & I are fortunate to have an attached 28 X 44 garage. We have a RV dump, 50 & 30 Amp plugs, cable TV, restroom, floor drain, and hot and cold water. It is not heated so I just this past week winterized the coach and the garage. It is always a sad day for me as it means we won't be camping for a few months.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:56 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

We are real fortunate to have a 32x48 RV barn attached to our house and double garage with a 50amp service and water and sewer hook ups, also have in floor heating to keep it warm in the winter that was nice when we were working but now we are retired and never here in the winter in Florida or Texas we don't need the in floor heat, so we have decided to sell and invest in a smaller house and larger motor home
Old 10-26-2009, 06:03 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

We park our's next to our garage attached to the back of our house which is accessed via an alley. In the winter when we put it into storage we rent enclosed and locked space at our local fair grounds which is within easy walking distance from our house. About $330 to store it for six months through the whole winter. I couldn't build a place to keep it for that small of an amount!
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Ours is under cover now, thank goodness. It is a little further from our house than the previous storage lot but knowing it is protected from the sun gets our vote!
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:44 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Ours is parked on pad next to the house. Nice to have it close, but wish it was covered. Only a few years until retirement, then the parking pad will set empty.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:52 AM   #18
Winnie-Wise

This is my shed in the back yard. Left side is storage and tractor and mower parking. Right side is workshop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P2120022.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	1686
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

We widened our driveway to be double wide with an extra 40x5' "pullout" up near the garage. This gives us room to be able to get out of both garages(DW uses "house" garage, and I use a double wide door on outbuilding for my w/c van).

Wish we could cover it, but just not feasible. We keep it plugged into 20amp to keep the essentials running, start gen if we need a/c. Being in Tx, I don't winterize, on the few freezing days, I just run heater to keep it warm enough.

e.t.a here's a shot of just after new drive, MH was still in storage.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #20
Winnebago Owner

As we spend the Winter in FL, we park it on the lot we rent. In the Spring, Summer and Fall if we're not traveling this wonderful country of ours, we park it in our backyard on a blacktop patio. It's not covered but there are no trees to drip sap on it. I cover the tires with ADCO covers and can plug it in whenever necessary to keep the batteries up. I can wash it whenever it's necessary and keep a good coat of Auto Wax on it. I use Nu-Finish with regular follow-up with Protect-all. Everyone tells me it looks like new.