Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-01-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

What size air filter??

I dont have my manuals at hand right now.
I have a Journey, 2002 34foot The filter that slides in for the AC/heat pump located under the bed I believe is 20"x16"x1".
Is my memory correct. Going to Lowe's today and would like to get a replacement.
Thanks

OK I finally found my notes.
its 20"x14"x1"
RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

My filter is 20"X14"X1" and all my friends with a Winni coach have the same size.
Suncruiser Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We were just at the factory, and amost everyone was buying the 20x14x1. Also we but the one that is washable. It is 10 times more than the throw away one. But you could spit through it, and I don't know if it would slow down much. I figured we would get better filtration, and if I clean it 10 times once a month, I will be saving after than.

1999-2008 traded in Suncruiser 90,000 miles
Jeeperrmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeperrmartin View Post
We were just at the factory, and amost everyone was buying the 20x14x1. Also we but the one that is washable. It is 10 times more than the throw away one. But you could spit through it, and I don't know if it would slow down much. I figured we would get better filtration, and if I clean it 10 times once a month, I will be saving after than.
I just bought the replaceable one, but the washable one really sounds interesting.
Could you give a brand name, Is it available at Lowe's or other outlets, What is it made of. My imagination is saying it is a plastic frame and some sort of porous foam.
Can you give some details. Thanks Ron
Old 10-06-2009, 10:29 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

The filter was made by Precisionaire, and called Naturalaire electrostatic filter.
web site is precisionaire.com
phone number is 800-347-2220
Believe it or not they are made in the US.
The filter is of nylon like strings interwoven. I used to use them in an air filter for dust in a wood shop. The frame is a light weight aluminum.

Hope this answer some of your questions.

Randy

Old 10-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeperrmartin View Post
The filter was made by Precisionaire, and called Naturalaire electrostatic filter.
web site is precisionaire.com
phone number is 800-347-2220
Believe it or not they are made in the US.
The filter is of nylon like strings interwoven. I used to use them in an air filter for dust in a wood shop. The frame is a light weight aluminum.

Hope this answer some of your questions.

Randy
Thanks a bunch
Here is my story
I went to your website and this filter is better than what I have by a buntch.
OK. I am getting one. Now here is the rest of the story.
At Home Depot I found my correct filter for just less than 5 bucks. The Home Depot guy says "Do you want the contractors package of 3 for about a buck more. WELL heck yes. They were the same filter but the surrounding media was a brown cardbord type.
So I have now 3 Home Depot filters. I am getting a better filter from Precisionair and will have much pleasure in my travels giving my fellow Winnie folks a free filter change.
Hope to meet U great folks sometime, If U see an Old fart in a 2002 34 winnie pulling a bronze 2004 honda crv, ask him if he has any filters left.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:09 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Well you are certainly welcome.

I had one of the paper frame ones, and I went to change it, the cat had gotten under our bed and walked back over the filter and fallen in. I did not know it until I went to change the filter. It took me a while to figure out why it had collapsed. I don't think this will happen with the aluminum frame filter.

I did not know the cat could get from under the bed uner another ledge and into where the filter was.

When I changed to the new filter he watch from above, and then jumped down and went under the lip and was under the bed. Solved a short mystery.

Anyhow I have used that kind of filter in a wood shop for years, and never had any problems. I am planning on getting a home version one for our home furnance.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

I'd like to hear from someone in the AC/Heating business.

I have heard that if you go to a filter that has more fiber, (Denser) such as those white Eco filters, that you need to increase the air intake to produce the same amount of air flow. That would mean increasing the filter size to accommodate the air volume.

Help!!!!
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote