Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2019, 03:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

WH Fault Light When On Gas

We are new to the forum and have a 2019 Micro Minnie 2081DS. We'd had it out a few times with no incident, but this past weekend we were getting a fault light when we turned on the water heater propane switch. It was not windy, but it was cold (round about freezing) and snowing on June 22 near Leadville, Colorado. I tried it two or three times and it faulted out each time. Plenty of propane in the tanks and lines fully bled at the stove. Both tanks show green at the regulator.

Anyone have help to offer? Thanks in advance.
Liftdumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liftdumper View Post
We are new to the forum and have a 2019 Micro Minnie 2081DS. We'd had it out a few times with no incident, but this past weekend we were getting a fault light when we turned on the water heater propane switch. It was not windy, but it was cold (round about freezing) and snowing on June 22 near Leadville, Colorado. I tried it two or three times and it faulted out each time. Plenty of propane in the tanks and lines fully bled at the stove. Both tanks show green at the regulator.

Anyone have help to offer? Thanks in advance.
Considering where you are, I'll bet you have an altitude issue.

Come to think of it, I've never been in a land vehicle at that altitude, so this is just a guess.

Stan
Old 07-14-2019, 08:02 AM   #3
Site Team

Altitude should not matter. It could be many things. Cold can be a problem because you are using the heater a lot. Too many propane devices being run at very cold temps at the same time can have this effect. The liquid propane can’t boil off to a gas state fast enough in very cold temps to service both high demand devices at the same time.

Honest, that is a possibility. It’s even in my Winnebago users manual. They say to not run both at the same time if you have this issue.

If the problem persists then it’s something else. It can be as simple as a insect nest in the burner. There are a number of other causes as well. But if this goes away, then perhaps the cold/demand is the only problem.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:00 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I found a problem with my 2014 winn vista was due to the unusual wind I was getting in Co. Never had a problem before or since but I sollved the issue by folding several layers of alum foil to make it stiff and then tucking it under the outside heater cover to keep the wind from blowing the pilot out.
Some things to know before deciding this is the cause.
Listen outside for the heater to light. step one is the pilot lighting and then step two make sure that it is not blowing out. It will try repeated for several tries but may then "lock out" for a period of time. Check manual for your special type to find exactly what order things happen.
Perhaps a bit of two problems at once? Slightly low pressure making the heater flame slightly more prone to blowing out, combined with "extreme wind at just the wrong angle. My problem was at a campground at top of Raton Pass.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, light