Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2005, 11:13 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Well, after driving about 300 miles through some of the nastiest weather I've ever driven thru, today I decided to do a water intrusion inspection on my 2003 35U Wiinebago. What I did was take a flashlight and visually check all the interiors of my upper cabinets for dampness, then I proceeeded to check all the lower areas, under the bed, under all the cabinets, checked around my windshield area. Checked all my basement storage areas. After this detailed inspection I have the great news to report that there were NO LEAKS. I guess I'm a happy Winnie owner...

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:13 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Well, after driving about 300 miles through some of the nastiest weather I've ever driven thru, today I decided to do a water intrusion inspection on my 2003 35U Wiinebago. What I did was take a flashlight and visually check all the interiors of my upper cabinets for dampness, then I proceeeded to check all the lower areas, under the bed, under all the cabinets, checked around my windshield area. Checked all my basement storage areas. After this detailed inspection I have the great news to report that there were NO LEAKS. I guess I'm a happy Winnie owner...

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:00 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

That's disgusting!!!! Can't you ever find something to WHINE about???
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:39 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I know when I get a motorhome its gonna have to be a winny!!!

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:54 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Thats good to hear Capt.your high an dry. Place to check is the sealent on top of the furnace outside wall,water would run under cabinets to rug in bathroom or bedroom.
Do your slides recess into outside walls or seal against the outside walls
Fleetwood products have been having alot of leaks sealing against outside of wall. Rugs are wet on forward seal of wall living area and bedroom area. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 01:14 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I never heard many Winnie owners have any problems with outside water entering the coach. It's the water you don't see and can't see that causes most of the water problems for Winnie. Of course I'm referring to the roof to sidewall seam on the outside. Most likely it will never let enough water in to see on the inside, but it sure will cause delam of the sides and create a real mess. It's the one leak you need to find well before any sign of wetness shows, once you notice the problem it causes it's to late.

2000 Itasca 35U
N8XV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:49 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

I am a Newmar owner now, but I give credit to Winn when due. In 2004, I drove my 2002 Journey from South Carolina into hurricane Charlie which I hit at Savannah, through Hurricane Charlie to Ocala, FL. Unbelivable wind and rain from all directions, and only a small ceiling stain which I am not sure was caused by water intrusion. The coach was sealed very well.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:14 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We have had a water leak coming from the top of the driver window near the center of the coach.
We taped up the outside lights above it, checked seams on the roof, nothing works, it still leaks.
We also calked around all the items on the roof
We are wondering if it could come directly from the molding around the window. What is the best way to seal them?? Any suggestion will be welcome.

PS we also did have a leak in the shower dome. finally fixed that by the calking on the roof, far away from it.

Adventurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 03:13 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I had the same problem on a '99 34 VP Adventurer but it didn't leak often enough about six times in the six years. It wasn't untill I had to have the windshield replaced. Winnie uses a rubber seal which is first glued to the window frame, which it wasn't in the middle on the top & thats where my leak was. You could probaly take the window framing around the outside off & get caulking around the top of the window.I don't think you can get the window out without damaging it to fix the problem. The glass guys seat the whole window in a glue/caulking.Glass guy said they blow air around the inside with a soap solution around the outside of the window with the outside framing removed.
Al10453 is offline   Reply With Quote