Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Geez, you don't really realize how big your motorhome is until you hand wash it, lol !! We washed it for the first time ourselves today, it was pretty dusty. We made it a family event and got all the kids involved. Wasn't so bad.</span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Geez, you don't really realize how big your motorhome is until you hand wash it, lol !! We washed it for the first time ourselves today, it was pretty dusty. We made it a family event and got all the kids involved. Wasn't so bad.</span>

Old 05-08-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

We will feed you and your family if you want some good family bonding while washing our rig

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:20 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lil'Darlin1972:
<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Geez, you don't really realize how big your motorhome is until you hand wash it, lol !! </span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shan;
I believe a man should not have a lawn bigger than his wife can mow nor a motor home bigger than his wife can wash.

Truthfully I help her mow (I move the picnic tables) and she helps me wash the motor home (she sprays water all over it and me).

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:50 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I tell you I am doing something wrong here. I've washed the motorhome every time after we go out and I do it myself. Then again my wife does the inside so I guess its a 'wash'.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:00 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I spent Saturday washing mine. Sunday, I waxed it. Monday after work I polished the wheels and front bumper with Nevr dull and dressed the tires with 303. After work today, I waxed the roof. I think the total was 18 hours start to finish. I don't plan on doing this again all together but I wanted to get it ready for it's maiden voyage on Friday to the NorEaster rally!
The kids will be doing the grunt work from here on in..... yeah, right!!
Old 05-08-2007, 04:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We will feed you and your family if you want some good family bonding while washing our rig

Jim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">LOL !! You're on...but you have to come here to our house </span>

Old 05-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

What's the best stuff to use to wash these things?
DSGEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:26 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What's the best stuff to use to wash these things? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">We've only done it once so I can't compare products yet. We used Turtle Wax brand foaming auto wash.</span>

Old 05-08-2007, 06:03 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DSGEM:
What's the best stuff to use to wash these things? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I am using Heavy Duty Gel Gloss Wash & Wax, its a bright pink stuff that our dealer suggested. Avoid using things like Dawn as it can remove the wax.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:42 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: I hesitate to bring this up, but we used to dread washing the MH and now do it in about 20 minutes. The trick is to use a pressure washer. I know, there is the danger of lifting the decals or injuring something. So, I don't recomment this unless you are comfortable with what you pressure washer does and know how to use it. The trick is to stay back from the surface at least a foot and to direct the spray straight on. The advantages are speed, and getting to places that are otherwise difficult (like under the wheel wells underneath the MH etc.). It really takes us longer to dry the windows than to wash. Does anyone have something that will prevent streaks and spots? We do use GlassX and find that is a big help. By the way, I also use the pressure washer on three cars (don't ask), riding lawn mower, tiller, the sidewalks and driveway, the house, and a raft of other things. We have been doing this since 2000, so far it works fine.
Schoene Gruesse from Jena, Germany
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:24 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

DIRKO,,never used the pressure washer, do have a 18" brush on telescoping handle and always use Turtle ZIP wash n wax. Altho I do like the MR Clean machine, no water spots at all.

Only thing bout the 18 " brush you have to find a large container for it to fit in. Use a old cooler without the top, works just fine.

The big brush covers a lot of territory fast and it holds a lot of soap..Never do this when its below freezing. Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:33 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Shannone & Chad...I may take you up on the offer to feed your family in exchange for your family bonding and washing my motorhome.

Shouldn't take too long to get to your place as we are almost neighbors.

Took me 4 hours last weekend to wash mine without any wax! Had to take a nap after that job!

Now the wax job. I've found NuFinish to be about the best product. Easy to put on, option of buffing off or not, and lasts the full 12 months!

'96 - 38' Adventurer
Flintstones Adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:30 AM   #14

We use a wash and wax similar to what Y-Guy uses...and I also use a pressure washer underneath the motorhome.....I believe that area is just as important as the exterior walls....

And then I put our cover on, as it snows weekly here.....
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:13 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hi Ho: I hesitate to bring this up, but we used to dread washing the MH and now do it in about 20 minutes. The trick is to use a pressure washer. I know, there is the danger of lifting the decals or injuring something. So, I don't recomment this unless you are comfortable with what you pressure washer does and know how to use it. The trick is to stay back from the surface at least a foot and to direct the spray straight on. The advantages are speed, and getting to places that are otherwise difficult (like under the wheel wells underneath the MH etc.). It really takes us longer to dry the windows than to wash. Does anyone have something that will prevent streaks and spots? We do use GlassX and find that is a big help. By the way, I also use the pressure washer on three cars (don't ask), riding lawn mower, tiller, the sidewalks and driveway, the house, and a raft of other things. We have been doing this since 2000, so far it works fine.
Schoene Gruesse from Jena, Germany

Dirk and Katie and Duke (Golden retreiver)
2000 Itasca 35U with Saturn toad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Chad was thinking about trying that next time, but it makes me awfully nervous. He said one of the attachments he has would be perfect for it...not too much direct pressure, but better than what we get from the garden hose.</span>

Old 05-09-2007, 06:44 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

I'm in the process of washing and waxing our RV. The wife came out the other evening and helped me wash the rig and she was a big help.

Last night I went on top to wax the top and I found brown stains left by little sticky things that fell from trees in our neighborhood. I used a very fine rubbing compound and I removed the stains. Tonight I can wax the top.

Once I finish waxing the top I'll start waxing the sides. It's a big job and I try to do it once each year.

On pressure washing, I've never tried it but that is what they used at the dealership where we bought our MH. I have a pressure washer but I use a brush and soapy water.

JD & Kathy
JD Allen is offline   Reply With Quote