Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-27-2017, 03:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Wash and wax any rig

Like so many others I have been held captive to the "no hose" rule at RV parks. Well, I found the best alternative yet, Armor All Wash Wipes, and Armor All Wax Wipes. Each box contains 12 large, moistened wipes (10"x15"), and about half does my RV (and it was dirty). No muss, no fuss, no water, I got mine at Walmart. You're welcome.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
JWmAustin

Thanks for the info.
Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:38 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I wondering how you avoid leaving marks w/o suds to release / float the dirt and being able to rinse.
Isn't this like rubbing w a dirty rag?
What am I missing?
Have you used it on dark color paint?
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:41 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I use Wash Wax All by Aero. I have the 9 foot extendable pool for easy reach and looks great all the time.
gmccash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:42 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

My coach is black with gold stripes, and stainless steel on the bottom. It works well on all the colors and surfaces (including glass and chrome). I guess they give you so many so you don't have the "dirty rag" problem. When the rag got too dirty I folded or flipped it, and then got another one. I don't work for the company, I'm just reporting an excellent product. BTW, when I saw it advertised, it was not to clean RVs, but cars.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:51 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Have never tried Armor, but for a waterless wash/wax product, I recommend Aero Cosmetics WashWaxAll. I've been using it for years and constantly receive compliments on my 8 year old RV. Amazon sells it, get the concentrate and simple rehydrate it to strength. It is a simple product to use, spray it on, wipe it off. No waiting for it to dry, no bluffing. No special applicators, use microfiber cloths you can buy at WM. For the high spots, you can invest in one of their mop heads and poles, but can use without it too. Love bugs and other insects do not stick and are easy to remove. Works great on windows too. This product was designed for use in the aircraft industry, been around a while.

https://washwax.com/

Have never had a problem with any RV park while using it. No water at all required except the few ounces required to dilute the concentrate.
fixn2gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:06 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For the life of me, I can't understand why someone would WANT to rub dirt/dust/debris(albeit small) INTO your paint? When the coach is DIRTY, it's DIRTY, PERIOD! The only way is to wash it. And that involves WATER and soap. Then, your coach is clean and you can wax it. We've done it several times in parking lots like Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, etc. when they're vacant or, we go way in the back at a corner.

Everyone has to make their choice in something like this. But, after owning a dozen cars/trucks/motor homes/motor cycles/boats and more, one learns how to take care of paint. And RUBBING dirt into it, is pretty much NOT THE WAY. Your choice.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:19 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For the life of me, I can't understand why someone would WANT to rub dirt/dust/debris(albeit small) INTO your paint? When the coach is DIRTY, it's DIRTY, PERIOD! The only way is to wash it. And that involves WATER and soap. Then, your coach is clean and you can wax it. We've done it several times in parking lots like Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, etc. when they're vacant or, we go way in the back at a corner.

Everyone has to make their choice in something like this. But, after owning a dozen cars/trucks/motor homes/motor cycles/boats and more, one learns how to take care of paint. And RUBBING dirt into it, is pretty much NOT THE WAY. Your choice.
Scott
I like your idea of using a deserted parking lot to wash the MH. I'm assuming you use your onboard water system.

That's got me thinking. I don't have an external hose bib, but I do have an outdoor kitchen and I might be able to rig a hose bib from there. Maybe I can hook onto the outdoor kitchen faucet.

Sounds like I have a little project to look into!

Thanks,

Patrick
Old 05-29-2017, 03:26 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosunmate View Post
I like your idea of using a deserted parking lot to wash the MH. I'm assuming you use your onboard water system.

That's got me thinking. I don't have an external hose bib, but I do have an outdoor kitchen and I might be able to rig a hose bib from there. Maybe I can hook onto the outdoor kitchen faucet.

Thanks,

Patrick
I've seen a picture somewhere, an owner installed a small electrical pressure washer in his water bay.
Using his on board water supply he could quickly knock out the hardest part of the wash. (Food for thought?)
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:33 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmccash View Post
I use Wash Wax All by Aero. I have the 9 foot extendable pool for easy reach and looks great all the time.
I use this as well and it works great. No issues scratching the paint.
Forza Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:33 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosunmate View Post

Thanks,

Patrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwallace View Post
I've seen a picture somewhere, an owner installed a small electrical pressure washer in his water bay.
Using his on board water supply he could quickly knock out the hardest part of the wash. (Food for thought?)
Gang,
I do use our own water, water pump and, a very small, 1.2GPM Karcher pressure washer. My water pump is located in my dump/water/wet bay compartment. Winne supplied a hose that comes directly off the output side of the water pump. I simply installed a male garden hose connection there. When it comes time for washing the big girl, we simply cruise around looking for a Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, anywhere where, we'd not cause any comotion and or, issues of any type.

Once a location is found, we find the most remote spot to park in. I do make sure I'm not in the way of any truck deliveries, outgoing trucks, etc.
Then, outcomes the little pressure washer, and a 25' section of garden hose. All is hooked up appropriately and, I either run the Inverter to power up the pressure washer or, I fire up the generator, it's a mood thing.

I also have a 6' collapsable ladder that I use for getting the higher points. I also use a small bucket and carry a car wash brush. From start to finish, the point at which I'm starting up the coach to drive away, about 45 minutes to an hours, plus or minus.

Now, one thing. With a 1.2gpm pressure washer, there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO WATER RUN-OFF! There will a few small, places on the ground/pavement where we were sitting but, no running down the gutters and wasting water. We can now pull into camp, where ever that may be, with a clean, nice and shiny rig.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:38 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwallace View Post

Good idea, I'm going to research this. Thanks!
Old 05-29-2017, 12:40 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Gang,

I do use our own water, water pump and, a very small, 1.2GPM Karcher pressure washer. My water pump is located in my dump/water/wet bay compartment. Winne supplied a hose that comes directly off the output side of the water pump. I simply installed a male garden hose connection there. When it comes time for washing the big girl, we simply cruise around looking for a Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, anywhere where, we'd not cause any comotion and or, issues of any type.

Once a location is found, we find the most remote spot to park in. I do make sure I'm not in the way of any truck deliveries, outgoing trucks, etc.

Then, outcomes the little pressure washer, and a 25' section of garden hose. All is hooked up appropriately and, I either run the Inverter to power up the pressure washer or, I fire up the generator, it's a mood thing.

I also have a 6' collapsable ladder that I use for getting the higher points. I also use a small bucket and carry a car wash brush. From start to finish, the point at which I'm starting up the coach to drive away, about 45 minutes to an hours, plus or minus.

Now, one thing. With a 1.2gpm pressure washer, there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO WATER RUN-OFF! There will a few small, places on the ground/pavement where we were sitting but, no running down the gutters and wasting water. We can now pull into camp, where ever that may be, with a clean, nice and shiny rig.

Scott

I like this idea, I'm going to see if this will work for my rig. Thanks as I too like having a nice shiny rig before pulling into camp!