Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Want to replace picture with mirror

How do I remove the picture from the wall of my Sightseer. We want to replace it with a mirror so whoever is sitting in the rear facing seat of the dinette can see out the widshield. I sometimes call her "Gladys".
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

If it's like mine, it has a hook on the top and velcro on the bottom. Just pull the bottom out and lift it off. Carefully, just in case!
Old 11-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

If the picture does not have the velcro as the Finhawk suggested it may be attached with double sided tape like the mirrir in my Journey. If that is the case, the easiest way to remove the picture without damaging the wall covering is to place fishing line accross the top of the picture and pull it back and forth in a sawing motion until it cuts through the foam beween the adhesive strips on either side of the tape. Had to do it several times on items attached with the double sided tape and it works like a champ.
MDPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPD View Post
If the picture does not have the velcro as the Finhawk suggested it may be attached with double sided tape like the mirrir in my Journey. If that is the case, the easiest way to remove the picture without damaging the wall covering is to place fishing line accross the top of the picture and pull it back and forth in a sawing motion until it cuts through the foam beween the adhesive strips on either side of the tape. Had to do it several times on items attached with the double sided tape and it works like a champ.
Thats a great idea, never thought of using fishing line. I file that idea away for future use.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:01 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPD View Post
I second that. What a super idea. I have wondered about just that. THANKS
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Question Thanks

Thanks for your help. Velcro or tape it should be no problem to remove.
Since the mirror will be behind the slide wall during travel I would think any type of glass mirror should work.
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Dental floss work too.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:20 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

This is a good way to remove auto/truck emblems and dealer crap that is sometimes not too nice to have installed.
Thehandyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replace