Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2018, 09:44 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Vinyl flooring lifting / air pockets under flooring

My first question is do we only post questions in either iRV or here, but not both forums? I'm not sure of the protocol with Winnebago owners now having two forums to post questions.

Second question, which I did post in iRV:

Our 2005 Sunova is really showing its age, inside and out. For some reason, the vinyl flooring is now lifting at the interior steps and pretty badly in front of the kitchen slide. I'm wondering what it takes to replace the vinyl flooring, which runs from the doghouse all the way back to the split bathroom. The big question to me is how do you replace the vinyl flooring to areas with no ready access, such as under the kitchen slide, and maybe even under the sofa/dinette slide, which might be carpet over vinyl? Anyone here have a picture step-by-step process on flooring replacement, just to see what I might be in for?

Or, is their an easy way to re-glue the vinyl without pulling the motorhome apart, maybe a process of injecting something right through the vinyl and pushing out the bubbles?

Thank you. -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hello. You are welcome to post on both iRV2 and Winnie Owners. That way you will get "maximum visibility" and hopefully lots of help.

We have not replaced any flooring on our RV but I understand it is not a bad job. I'm pretty sure you can "inject" some glue under the existing floor to stick it back in place. You can find glue syringes at places where flooring is sold and probably online.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I found this video on Youtube. This may be a better solution than trying to "inject" glue.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:18 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I found this video on Youtube. This may be a better solution than trying to "inject" glue.
Very nice and informative video. Now if only I thought I had the ability to pull that off! Cutting the flooring, now that's scary, but looked really good after the repair. -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote