Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-01-2018, 02:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Using Infotainment Sytem for Outside Music

OK, so here is the issue. I would like to use the Infotainment system to listen to Sirius XM music, outside, without having the outside TV on. The reason, is to save on the batteries, as we dry camp ALOT.

I will be replacing the cheap LG 32 inch with a Samsung, so I have some sound output. The 2017's already have the Samsung....darn! The LG has NONE, zip, zero outputs. I then plan on getting a sound bar, for much better sound and volume outside and hooking into the TV via output of some sort. Not sure yet.

Has anyone found a way to get the Infotainment sound directly to a sound bar without going thru the TV. Is there a way to go from HDMI to the sound bar?

Just trying to avoid reinventing the wheel, if someone has already gone thru this.....thanks!
747Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:12 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I use a bluetooth transmitter ( $ 20 on Amazon ) to take the audio and make it so that a Bluetoooth equipped speaker or soundbar can connect to it. There are audio out jacks on the back of the in-dash receiver you can plug in to.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Powercat, thanks for the info.

I may have stumbled onto a better solution. Keep the TV, and buy an higher quality sound bar that has HDMI go thru it. I would run HDMI from matrix to bar, then to TV. I assume, if I have music on matrix, and don't turn TV on, I'll have matrix music on the bar.
747Driver is offline   Reply With Quote