Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2010, 08:57 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Unusual Slide Movement

I find that our bedroom slide "pops" periodically while we are in bed. This will happen several times during the night. Sorry, I can't come up with a better description, but it seems like it occasionally shifts under the weight of even a single occupant. Movement is probably less than a quarter of an inch, if that, and is accompanied by a significant "pop" noise. This is enough to wake me up during the night, yet in the morning there is no visible movement of the slide. An inspection of the exterior shows nothing unusual.

Anyone experience this? Any ideas of where to look to find a cause so that I can adequately describe it to a repair shop?
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:08 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

My bedroom slide has a tendancy to creep in. I too get a popping noise. Slide or Jacks. I have found that if I bring the slide all the way in and then put it out again many times this will solve the problem.. You may have to cycle it a time or two for your satisfaction...Good Luck and Merry Christmas
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

sounds like air in the lines. I read somewhere when extending the slides you should
hold down the switch for a couple exta seconds after it is extended.

Phelpo
Phelpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Unusual

When we picked up our coach in August this year we were told about the air. Our Windsport slides (3) are hydraulic, the pump is under the sofa area and lines run to the rear bedroom. We hold the switch for just a few seconds after the slide (about 14") is out and no trouble at all.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I have had 'slide creep' on my bedroom slide until I started keeping my finger on the extend button for a minimum of a full five seconds after the slide was all the way out. Don't know if it was an air or a hydraulic pressure problem and don't care at this point as the problem was resolved with that easy fix.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

It can be caused by air in the lines as already described. That can be the result of partially extending or retracting a slide. Doing a full out & in cycle and holding the switch down for a few seconds after the slide stops is the recommended cure.

If that does not cure the problem, a solenoid (extend solenoid I believe in this case of creeping in) is leaking and needs to be
replaced. That cured the night popping and very gradual creep for us.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the input, guys. I will pursue the air in lines angle further. I have also read about running the motor a few seconds after the slide stops. I usually run the slide till it stops, pause, then run for a count of three. Next time out I will try dropping the pause and running for a five count and see what happens. I should try taking another look in the pump/reservoir area to see if there is noticeable leaking. Ours is under the steps and difficult to get a good look at other than the top.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote