Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Ultra leather only slightly more expensive than cloth , anybody have a preference . Or advice
jimmyjnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjnr View Post
Ultra leather only slightly more expensive than cloth , anybody have a preference . Or advice
We will be facing same decision. Recently two upholsterers (one who does custom hot rods) told me the same thing....they will use whatever I want but for my motorhome, they ranked the choices as follows based on overall durability:

1. cloth (they say there are some really good durable options)
2. ultra leather (or other similar soft vinyl)
3. leather (they say leather is nice but for a lot of consistent use, it will not look as good as the others over time).

Be curious what you find about Discount RV furniture. I've looked at their web site and it looks great for the price. I've read mixed reviews.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

What problems have you heard about regards discount Rv furniture
Old 11-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Don't forget the sheepskin seat cover option. I have one on my motorcycle, and it's a real butt-saver.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
What problems have you heard about regards discount Rv furniture

I read several reviews on another RV site. Many were complimentary but at least a few indicated some dissatisfaction with either the shipping or delivery of exactly what was ordered.

Their stuff looks good. I guess I would be concerned that I could not actually sit in one of their seats before buying.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

That's my concern , not sitting on it before I order , I was hoping someone here would have used them and have good advice
Old 11-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

I use one of those Lumbar supports from the dollar store.

Angel Sales PosturePro Lumbar Support
Old 11-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Any views on ultra leather verses cloth , not a huge difference in price , thought the ultra leather may look better
Old 11-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcurt23 View Post
I use one of those Lumbar supports from the dollar store.

Angel Sales PosturePro Lumbar Support

I tried something like that, helped a little.

Last year, I found something similar to this cushion (without the heat function). The massage in mine is battery operated (C's or D's, I forget) only use the massage occasionally. It helps quite a bit BUT still not ideal.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Spoke to discount Rv , no sales or discount days , all furniture made to order . Just ensuring I get the correct base
Old 12-09-2012, 06:06 AM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Does anybody have recommendation , any seats you find really comfortable
Old 12-17-2012, 03:53 AM   #32
Winnebago Camper

Our motor home came with very nice monogrammed white leather seats..
must have cost $6000. when they were new, and I suspect an additional cost option item. they are not heated, ( I think a must for leather )
but the driver seat felt like the back was "bowed" the wrong way so about 100 miles, my back was hurtin !!! Wife said hers felt like she was slipping forward out of the chair all the time. After looking them over, I decided I could not disassemble them to get a look at the innerds without "trashing" the covers... So I decided not to ruin them. I looked around a got lucky on craigs list, and found 2 nice used motor home seats, even the right color !, They bolted right in, and every thing fit. now have the cloth and foam, and no more falling out, and no more pain!...
Any body need some nice leather "VECTRA" seats ???
Dan.
kb7uxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:52 AM   #33
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Thanks for that tip , I was thinking about memory foam pad
For those long and tiring trips, we opted for a seat pad that massages you as you drive. They sell them at most big box stores, and they plug into your 12 volt outlet. It will add a level of padding to the seat....our pad covers the back and the seating area, and both areas afford the massaging action and have a heat feature. Ours are conair and they sell for around 20.00 dollars...worth the money.
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #34
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb7uxe View Post
Our motor home came with very nice monogrammed white leather seats..
must have cost $6000. when they were new, and I suspect an additional cost option item. they are not heated, ( I think a must for leather )
but the driver seat felt like the back was "bowed" the wrong way so about 100 miles, my back was hurtin !!! Wife said hers felt like she was slipping forward out of the chair all the time. After looking them over, I decided I could not disassemble them to get a look at the innerds without "trashing" the covers... So I decided not to ruin them. I looked around a got lucky on craigs list, and found 2 nice used motor home seats, even the right color !, They bolted right in, and every thing fit. now have the cloth and foam, and no more falling out, and no more pain!...
Any body need some nice leather "VECTRA" seats ???
Dan.
Did you consider having the original seats re-upholstered
Old 12-18-2012, 01:57 AM   #35
Winnebago Camper

seats

Quote:
Did you consider having the original seats re-upholstered
The thought has crossed my mind, but, it is the way the seat frame is made , I think more than the padding.
I looked it over and thought if I could get in there, I could adjust it to bow it twards the back instead of twards the front. )] to (]
But as I looked, It looks like more then I can safely do to get it apart, and back together without damage..
A fella 2 towns over does upholstery on cars etc, next time I see him, I'll ask him to work them over. but I only see him about every other year.. So for now, the old cloth seats are very comfortable. it could also be the seats had very little "sit" time on them and were never broken in. ( hopeful thinkin )
OR I off them to someone who might like them rather than throw them out..
Thanks
Dan.
kb7uxe is offline   Reply With Quote