Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
KIX
Winnebago Master

Ultimate Advantage Slide help

I've got a slide hose leaking on our 2002 40J. It's the bedroom slide and it's one of the front actuator hoses. The actuators have a "cabinet" that covers the lower one and the upper one. Does anyone have any idea how to access the actuator hose connections inside the cabinets? Can the cabinet be removed? If so, how?

Thanks for any ideas.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:15 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

KIX,

Is yours an HWH system?

Jack
Old 11-26-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
KIX
Winnebago Master

Hello Jack,

yes, it's HWH. It's a 4 actuator slide.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:30 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I've had really good luck dealing a technical support rep named Frank at HWH (800) 321-3494. However, its one of those deals where you call them and they then call you beck later in the day. However, the good news is that they know what they're talking about which is more than I can say at the moment. Let me know how you make out.

Jack
Old 11-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #5
KIX
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackm View Post
I've had really good luck dealing a technical support rep named Frank at HWH (800) 321-3494. However, its one of those deals where you call them and they then call you beck later in the day. However, the good news is that they know what they're talking about which is more than I can say at the moment. Let me know how you make out.

Jack
The problem here is not really an HWH problem. It's a Winnebago problem in that I need to know how to access HWH fittings inside a Winnebago made "cabinet". I did call Winne CS and they advised that the panel "face" is nailed on and I should be able to see nail hole filler. I've looked it over with a magnifying glass and can find no nail hole filler so I'm reluctant to pull the panel off. As of now that's my only option......and hope it's just nailed.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:17 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

KIX,

It's hard to believe that they were that careful with a power nailer and filler. However, they rarely use screws when assembling cabinets so it looks like you'll have to find the nails the hard way. Hopefully, any resulting damage will be minimal. Best of luck.

Jack
Old 12-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

It turns out that the cabinets over the lower bedroom slide HWH actuators are indeed stapled, screwed, and glued. But not nailed.

I have an issue with a leaking lower bedroom slide cylinder and working with Kix, we had gotten to the point where the only thing left to do was open the cabinet. Which I did with saw and crowbar.

The cabinet is faced with a veneer panel that is glued on several cross pieces. Once I had cut the holes to view the inside, I found that Winne had screwed the cabinet to the wall AND bolted it to a piece of fiberglass connected to the outer wall.

I then cut bigger holes to reveal the cylinder (inside it's protective fluid trap).

After several conversations with HWH, it was determined that the seals of the cylinder were bad and that 1 of 2 things could happen. The cylinder could be replaced or the end of the cylinder which contains the O rings could be replaced.

HWH does not have any authorized service centers (though many work on HWH equipment) so they would not warranty the repairs. So I'm in the decision mode now to figure out if I want to do this or drive to Iowa.

Anyway....the only way into those cabinets is with a saw. There was so much glue......I was pretty sure in case of a total accident, that cabinet would remain intact.

2017 Cedar Creek 38EL/2015 Silverado 3500HD
CC38EL is offline   Reply With Quote